+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Results 131 to 136 of 136

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #131
    FORT Fogey jammyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    The majorly pimped boys are Andrew, Casey, and Michael. Andrew being the anointed one among the guys.

    Wow! Two Latinos gone in one fell swoop. Looks like the hispanic community don't watch much AI. Joe even spoke Spanish to garner more votes just like Jorge Nunez did last year who cried on camera and who is an inferior singer. Maybe Joe should have cried too. I would have liked to see more of Joe because he does have a better voice than some of the others. He probably should have sung a bigger song like the one he sang in Hollywood (Man in the Mirror). His disadvantage was that he had to hit out of the ballpark to be memorable to the audience like Latoya Johnson did. He was Sanjayaed by the dreadful Tim Urban. I'm sure Tim was picked by the producers and not a backup replacement by the judges or they would have picked Thaddeus Johnson. I didn't care much about Tyler but I think John or Jermaine should have gone before him.

    The two girls who sang powerful diva songs got eliminated and rightfully so. They really didn't do very good with their songs. They couldn't belt it, they didn't have the pipes. That being said I'd rather Janelle stay over Paige. Surprised to see Paige survive after singing on the death slot and getting the same treatment as Joe. At least we saw a solo of Joe but never saw one from Paige (or Michelle for that matter).
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 02-26-2010 at 09:32 PM.

  2. #132
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    One thing I liked about the show was the fact that Kris and Allison were the entertainment portion. I think they should being back a former Idol contestant every week so we can check in on them and also give them some exposure for what they're doing. I would much rather see that than the current hot rap or pop artist.

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,201

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3841688;
    One thing I liked about the show was the fact that Kris and Allison were the entertainment portion. I think they should being back a former Idol contestant every week so we can check in on them and also give them some exposure for what they're doing. I would much rather see that than the current hot rap or pop artist.
    Or some of the current contestants!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  4. #134
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3841044;
    It was surprising to see two preshow unknowns and two preshow pimpettes go. When I saw Ashley audition in Boston, I really thought she would be among the chosen...well dressed, pretty--the whole package. Tyler got a lot of pre show publicity too with his 70s look and attitude. Really strange voting patterns
    I think Janell got more screen time than Ashley. I know that I anticipated Ashley would be shown a lot but she wasn't shown too much in Hollywood. When they did show her, it seemed like a brief "Oh and here is Ashley, by the way." I think there may have been some false confidence there. I didn't think she was in trouble. I thought she had enough fans to pull through but when I think about it, she really didn't get pimped like I expected.
    I think Tyler went because he had too much competition. He was supposed to be sexy but Casey is the sexy one. He is not a great singer but Tim Urban is worse. I just think other contestants ate away at his potential votes. And his performance wasn't good so he didn't win any new fans.
    All my opinion, of course.

  5. #135
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3841868;
    I think Tyler went because he had too much competition. He was supposed to be sexy but Casey is the sexy one. He is not a great singer but Tim Urban is worse. I just think other contestants ate away at his potential votes. And his performance wasn't good so he didn't win any new fans.
    All my opinion, of course.
    Tyler was supposed to be sexy? I sure didn't see it. As for Casey, he's attractive, but sexy? Not really. Not to me anyway. In my opinion, there's only been one truly sexy contestant on AI, and that was David Cook.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

  6. #136
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,201

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3842362;
    Tyler was supposed to be sexy? I sure didn't see it. As for Casey, he's attractive, but sexy? Not really. Not to me anyway. In my opinion, there's only been one truly sexy contestant on AI, and that was David Cook.

    Oh yes, but I would also throw Bo in there. They are the two that would turn me into a puddle when they were on. Oh and David doing Music of the Night....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.