+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

AI should be renamed American I-Don't...get it? Idol/I-don't..American I...oh nvm

Yeah Allison, she should have waited a year & entered this season, best singer of the night.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

AI seems to be turning into America's Next Top Teen Model.
    If singing ability had ANYTHING to do with this show, then Tim Urban would be gone and Joe would not have been eliminated.
    I also would have liked to see at least a few more weeks with Tyler. At least he had some swagger.
    Where are this year's PERFORMERS... Allison, Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, Bo Bice etc??? They seem to be missing from this group (especially now that Tyler is gone).

Tyler and Joe were the most entertaining in an awful night.

FORT Fogey

Well, that's it for me. Home-boy Tyler had a fine voice, no off-notes, worked the stage, and then got blasted for being too "70's" when others sang Beatles songs from the SIXTIES. Yes, well.

I'll watch, but I truly will not care. Go, Crystal.

FORT Fogey

It was surprising to see two preshow unknowns and two preshow pimpettes go. When I saw Ashley audition in Boston, I really thought she would be among the chosen...well dressed, pretty--the whole package. Tyler got a lot of pre show publicity too with his 70s look and attitude. Really strange voting patterns

Three AIs in one week is a bit much.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3840839;
    If singing ability had ANYTHING to do with this show, then Tim Urban would be gone and Joe would not have been eliminated.
    I also would have liked to see at least a few more weeks with Tyler. At least he had some swagger.
    Where are this year's PERFORMERS... Allison, Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, Bo Bice etc??? They seem to be missing from this group (especially now that Tyler is gone).
    Tim got by on the "cute" and the "underdog" (was That Other Site pimping him? Looks like they were). Honestly, if he stays away from the falsetto he does not have I'd like to hear what he can actually sing. He's still not making the Top 6 guys, so why worry?

And on that note, I don't think Joe fell victim to anything he wouldn't have fallen victim to in the semifinals anyway: remember that HALF of the group will be chopped in three elimination cycles, so it's going to be brutal. What you have to ask yourself of these first four is "were they really top 6 guy/girl material?" Joe was nice (and I love the name! ), and Tyler had faux-style, but I really didn't see either of them Top 6. If Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Michael Lynche or Aaron Kelly would have gone I'd have been surprised, but I see those as four of the six, which leaves Todrick, John, Alex and Lee to fight for the last two slots (because Jermaine and Tim? Yeah, they're fodder). Honestly, I'm guessing Lee and whichever of John/Alex gets their crap together the best.

So yeah, maybe Joe or Tyler should have stayed one more week (and I didn't expect Joe to go), but in the end neither were likely to be finalists IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3841123;
    Tim got by on the "cute" and the "underdog" (was That Other Site pimping him? Looks like they were). Honestly, if he stays away from the falsetto he does not have I'd like to hear what he can actually sing. He's still not making the Top 6 guys, so why worry?

And on that note, I don't think Joe fell victim to anything he wouldn't have fallen victim to in the semifinals anyway: remember that HALF of the group will be chopped in three elimination cycles, so it's going to be brutal. What you have to ask yourself of these first four is "were they really top 6 guy/girl material?" Joe was nice (and I love the name! ), and Tyler had faux-style, but I really didn't see either of them Top 6. If Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Michael Lynche or Aaron Kelly would have gone I'd have been surprised, but I see those as four of the six, which leaves Todrick, John, Alex and Lee to fight for the last two slots (because Jermaine and Tim? Yeah, they're fodder). Honestly, I'm guessing Lee and whichever of John/Alex gets their crap together the best.

So yeah, maybe Joe or Tyler should have stayed one more week (and I didn't expect Joe to go), but in the end neither were likely to be finalists IMO.
    I think Tyler might have had the chance... nice looking guy etc.... but America didn't vote. Like I said before, we need a special high lighting each kids, get to know them, hear them sing more before we start voting. He was pimped ealy on and then all but forgotten later...
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3841228;
    I think Tyler might have had the chance... nice looking guy etc.... but America didn't vote. Like I said before, we need a special high lighting each kids, get to know them, hear them sing more before we start voting. He was pimped ealy on and then all but forgotten later...
    I didn't think Taylor had that good of a voice, and I kind of felt like he was affecting the 70's thing for the cameras rather than actually embracing it. That's why I thought he'd go early. If I really felt that he WAS that, I'll bet other voters would have, too.

+ Reply to Thread