+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 136

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #121
    FORT Fan Fudatskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    366

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    AI should be renamed American I-Don't...get it? Idol/I-don't..American I...oh nvm

  2. #122
    FORT Regular lorac7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    122

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Yeah Allison, she should have waited a year & entered this season, best singer of the night.

  3. #123
    jmb
    jmb is offline
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    819

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    AI seems to be turning into America's Next Top Teen Model.
    If singing ability had ANYTHING to do with this show, then Tim Urban would be gone and Joe would not have been eliminated.
    I also would have liked to see at least a few more weeks with Tyler. At least he had some swagger.
    Where are this year's PERFORMERS... Allison, Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, Bo Bice etc??? They seem to be missing from this group (especially now that Tyler is gone).

  4. #124
    FORT Fanatic OriginalSinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    783

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Tyler and Joe were the most entertaining in an awful night.

  5. #125
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,815

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Well, that's it for me. Home-boy Tyler had a fine voice, no off-notes, worked the stage, and then got blasted for being too "70's" when others sang Beatles songs from the SIXTIES. Yes, well.

    I'll watch, but I truly will not care. Go, Crystal.

  6. #126
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,009

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    It was surprising to see two preshow unknowns and two preshow pimpettes go. When I saw Ashley audition in Boston, I really thought she would be among the chosen...well dressed, pretty--the whole package. Tyler got a lot of pre show publicity too with his 70s look and attitude. Really strange voting patterns

  7. #127
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,011

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Three AIs in one week is a bit much.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  8. #128
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3840839;
    If singing ability had ANYTHING to do with this show, then Tim Urban would be gone and Joe would not have been eliminated.
    I also would have liked to see at least a few more weeks with Tyler. At least he had some swagger.
    Where are this year's PERFORMERS... Allison, Adam Lambert, Chris Daughtry, Bo Bice etc??? They seem to be missing from this group (especially now that Tyler is gone).
    Tim got by on the "cute" and the "underdog" (was That Other Site pimping him? Looks like they were). Honestly, if he stays away from the falsetto he does not have I'd like to hear what he can actually sing. He's still not making the Top 6 guys, so why worry?

    And on that note, I don't think Joe fell victim to anything he wouldn't have fallen victim to in the semifinals anyway: remember that HALF of the group will be chopped in three elimination cycles, so it's going to be brutal. What you have to ask yourself of these first four is "were they really top 6 guy/girl material?" Joe was nice (and I love the name! ), and Tyler had faux-style, but I really didn't see either of them Top 6. If Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Michael Lynche or Aaron Kelly would have gone I'd have been surprised, but I see those as four of the six, which leaves Todrick, John, Alex and Lee to fight for the last two slots (because Jermaine and Tim? Yeah, they're fodder). Honestly, I'm guessing Lee and whichever of John/Alex gets their crap together the best.

    So yeah, maybe Joe or Tyler should have stayed one more week (and I didn't expect Joe to go), but in the end neither were likely to be finalists IMO.

  9. #129
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,770

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3841123;
    Tim got by on the "cute" and the "underdog" (was That Other Site pimping him? Looks like they were). Honestly, if he stays away from the falsetto he does not have I'd like to hear what he can actually sing. He's still not making the Top 6 guys, so why worry?

    And on that note, I don't think Joe fell victim to anything he wouldn't have fallen victim to in the semifinals anyway: remember that HALF of the group will be chopped in three elimination cycles, so it's going to be brutal. What you have to ask yourself of these first four is "were they really top 6 guy/girl material?" Joe was nice (and I love the name! ), and Tyler had faux-style, but I really didn't see either of them Top 6. If Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Michael Lynche or Aaron Kelly would have gone I'd have been surprised, but I see those as four of the six, which leaves Todrick, John, Alex and Lee to fight for the last two slots (because Jermaine and Tim? Yeah, they're fodder). Honestly, I'm guessing Lee and whichever of John/Alex gets their crap together the best.

    So yeah, maybe Joe or Tyler should have stayed one more week (and I didn't expect Joe to go), but in the end neither were likely to be finalists IMO.
    I think Tyler might have had the chance... nice looking guy etc.... but America didn't vote. Like I said before, we need a special high lighting each kids, get to know them, hear them sing more before we start voting. He was pimped ealy on and then all but forgotten later...
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  10. #130
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3841228;
    I think Tyler might have had the chance... nice looking guy etc.... but America didn't vote. Like I said before, we need a special high lighting each kids, get to know them, hear them sing more before we start voting. He was pimped ealy on and then all but forgotten later...
    I didn't think Taylor had that good of a voice, and I kind of felt like he was affecting the 70's thing for the cameras rather than actually embracing it. That's why I thought he'd go early. If I really felt that he WAS that, I'll bet other voters would have, too.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.