+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

He wasn't that bad!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3840488;
    They need to do a 2 hour special prior to this high lighting each of the 24, let us see their auditions, get to know them etc... it would be fair.
    Great idea!

FORT Fogey

Well, rats! I turned on the TV to watch the show... and it's over! I thought the results shows started at 9 EST. Oh well, I've have to wait until I get home next week to watch the DVR. Sorry I missed Kris, especially.

Reading through the results, I am surprised that:
    • Paige stayed
    • Joe was booted after singing better than 3/4 of the other guys (although, granted, he had to overcome having no pre-season exposure)
    • Tyler was booted - yeah, he was awful but I thought he'd get by on cute factor for at least a week or two
    • Tim is still there after little exposure and prep and awful singing

Tyler may have a valid point. I was mostly confused by the judge's comments last night. Be yourself :: be who we think you should be.

They liked Tyler because he was so retro looking they thought he was cool. Then when he performed a retro type song, which is obviously his penchant, they slammed him.
    All the guys voices left alot to be desired, Tyler's included.
    In the end, he couldn't get enough voters last night.

He could have been amusing in the weeks to come, too, with the bathrobe wearing to rehearsals.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3840488;
    They need to do a 2 hour special prior to this high lighting each of the 24, let us see their auditions, get to know them etc... it would be fair.
    So You Think You Can Dance did something similar last season, a taped one hour special where they introduced everyone and let you see everyone dance. I thought it was great.

Wow... if we had been doing the "guess the results" game already, I'd have had only 1 out of 4 right. I thought Janelle would have had another chance, based on her audition of "American Boy" and her appealing looks. I predicted Ashley would finish low, but thought Paige and Lacey would be the ones leaving.

Joe getting bumped and Tim Urban staying is just all kinds of wrong. And I would have thought Tyler would last a couple more weeks. I really thought Jermaine and/or Todrick would be going.

Kris's "Let it Be" was amazing. I was a disappointed Adam fan last year, but I can totally see how and why Kris won. Loved seeing and hearing Allison, too.

Not nearly as bad as most Idol results shows, although -- but it helped that I was late turnng it on. I also thought the results shows always start at 9. I missed the group sing, but from what you all say, I didn't miss much.

But I wanted to hear a little more from Joe and Janelle, and a little less of some of the others...

I thought the results were a bit surprising. There are quite a few people I disliked more than the ones eliminated tonight (Haeley, Lacey, Paige, Todrick, Tim, Michael...).

Idol Fan

Well, at least they didn't drag it out, but I'm really disappointed to see Ashley go. She had a wonderful voice and could have stayed weeks more. I really thought Paige and/or Lacey would have gone. Janelle didn't surprise me, though she did well on her farewell song, I thought.

That Tim Urban is still here is more of a shock to me than it even looked like it was to him. I felt sorry for Joe, but that didn't surprise me. Tyler is someone I would have liked seeing what he would do differently or if he was going to stay in the 70's, if he could have stayed. But I am really glad Alex will get the chance to stay, anyway.

Allison was fantastic.

Losing 4 at a time is hard to take. I hate results shows. I also agree that having a show to introduce more of every single one of the Top 24 is only what's right and fair to them all. It makes no sense to highlight most of them and wholly leave us in the dark for a few, who suffer, as a result, when it comes to early votes.

I was surprised by the results. I thought for sure Tim and Jermanie would be gone, and Haley and Lacey should have gone.

Both the boys should have stayed.

+ Reply to Thread