+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/24 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Going to do my part to attempt to hold on to a few of the good guys and VOTE! I have a new phone and hope I can figure out how to use it. (If I were one of the "young girls" that would certainly not be a problem.)

The last two (Casey and Andrew) were worth the wait, and a few more have potential (Lee, John, Joe, Tyler, and maybe Aaron). The rest ranged from forgettable to downright awful.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3839475;
    This song recap is painful. Only Joe, Casey, Michael, and Andrew manged to sing well.
    I thought Aaron and Tyler were good too, and I liked Lee, and Alex okay. I think there are at least six guys that will be improving over time and can make a respectable showing for the guys.

Welp! I missed the show...oh wait according to your post...I didn't miss anything.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Casey is worthy of being the next American Idol. He blew the rest away. I also liked Joe Munoz, Lee Dewze (sp) and Jermaine. Most of the others were very forgettable!

FORT Fogey

This was the most excruciating episode of Idol I've ever had to sit through. You know what's missing from most of these guys? It's not singing ability - they can all sing well. We've seen most of them sing just fine in auditions or Hollywood.

What most of them have in common, though, is a lack of experience. They are navigating this level of musicianship for the first time. They are all making amateur mistakes.
    • Picking songs because they "like them"; not because they show who they are as an artist
    • Losing their pitch in the arrangement
    • "Performing" rather than just "being" and communicating

Think back on last year's Top 10: Michael, Megan, Scott, Lil, Anoop, Matt, Allison, Danny, Adam, and Kris. Except for Megan and maybe Anoop, all of them had "paid their dues" by performing for their entire adult lives in bars, hotels, churches, and theaters.

Very few of these guys are walking in with that amount of experience under their belts. They lucky ones will get the chance to learn week by week on the show. But I don't know that I want to hang around and be "entertained" while they go through the learning curve.

FORT Fogey

In a weird coincidence, Adam Lambert and David Archuleta both just now tweeted that they are watching the west coast broadcast of Idol. (You don't think they're watching it together, do you?)

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3839552;
    In a weird coincidence, Adam Lambert and David Archuleta both just now tweeted that they are watching the west coast broadcast of Idol. (You don't think they're watching it together, do you?)
    woo hoo ;-)
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3839485;
    The last two (Casey and Andrew) were worth the wait, and a few more have potential (Lee, John, Joe, Tyler, and maybe Aaron). The rest ranged from forgettable to downright awful.
    I am glad Casey got the pimp junior spot!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

The only person I was looking forward to was Casey. He did not disappoint! Listening to the playback, he reminds me of Bo Bice. And that right there will be my reason for watching all season. I did like Tyler Grady and Lee Dewyze but the rest were just meh.

Right now my top 5 would be Casey, Crystal, Lilly, Didi and Lee.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread