+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3837930;
    I am just hoping Simon's remarks won't hurt Crystal's chances.
    no they won't, she is too good.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Crystal just seems so real and down to earth. Very talented too with all the instruments!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3837926;
    lol!!!

I really hope to see Siobhan, Crystal, Katelyn and Lily next week. I think Ashley and Janell shoud watch out. But Janell has the cute factor... she might just skate by....
    I think I'm with you here. I also like Katie - great voice, even if the song may seem a little "old" for her - still far better than a few of the other girls tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3837931;
    Haeley was mocked but she did at least to a tween/teen version of I want to hold your hand.. like it or not, it was kid friendly.
    I was talking about Katie singing Feeling Good. I missed Haley.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3837852;
    Crystal for the win.

I wish America was smart enough to just give it to her. But I think once they have to do the silly "work in other genres" stuff, she may sink like a stone. But in HER genre? Great. She just blew every single other person there tonight out of the water (and even doing a crappy Alanis song--it was all in the delivery).
    Word.

Except I think she won't sink in other genres...like Randy says... "If you can really sing, then you can sing ANYthing."

Here's how I'd rank tonight's performances:
    1. Crystal
    2. Siobhan
    3. Katelyn
    4. Katie
    5. Lilly
    6. Paige
    7. Michelle
    8. Didi
    9. Lacey
    10. Janell
    11. Ashley
    12. Haeley
    Last edited by marlap; 02-23-2010 at 11:27 PM.
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Fogey

Hmm, I missed Paige earlier but just saw part of her performance on another show. Not bad, but I don't agree with Simon that she has the best voice of all the girls. Best voice, in my opinion, is Siobhan.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I wonder if a lot of Ohioans have been complaining to Ryan. He finally said Crystal is "Ohio's own" instead of "Chicago's own." So glad Ohio can claim somebody to be VERY proud of on AI. Unlike the terror from season 4...

FORT Fogey

i kind off liked hailey. something about her is endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3838060;
    i kind off liked hailey. something about her is endearing.
    yeah...I like her a lot too, she is endearing

Her voice needs some work though...
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Fogey

Here's where I think they stand coming out of tonight's show. This is keeping in mind that even though this is the first live performance, this competition has actually been building since January as the producers have given extra exposure to certain favorites.

Katie Stevens B- Katie did a solid job on Feeling Good, though she was dinged by the judges for an "old" song choice. Still she got major pimpage on the premiere audition episode and in Hollywood and she sang last. The producers have given her every possible advantage. So even though others out sang her tonight, they still have a way to go to match her pre-season exposure.

Didi Benami B- The Way That I Am was done quite well. The judges were mostly positive, but wanted more spark. Didi, like Katie, has been heavily featured in the auditions and Hollywood.

Crystal Bowersox B+ Crystal has a lot of fans here at FORT, and she did an excellent job on Hand in My Pocket. The judges loved her originality but, like a lot of us here, want to see her break out of the "coffee house" mold. She falls behind Katie and Didi mostly because we didn't really get the full Crystal experience until Hollywood week. So, I'll put her at #3 with a bullet.

Katelyn Epperly B Katelyn did a fine job on Oh Darlin, though I could do with a little more subtlty in the future.

Haeley Vaughn B- In a wierd way, Haeley is the Adam Lambet of Season 9, in the sense that you either love her or hate her. She has split FORT more than any other girl. Her I Want to Hold Your Handtonight was strong, but points off for some over-singing and slightly under pitch on some high notes. But as Simon noted, she is infectious and lights up a stage. She has also had some editing help in the pre-season. But, as I mentioned, some people can't stand her at all - so it's tough to average all that together.

Lily Scott B- Lily is a first class song stylist, though she had the occasional pitch issues at the start of Fixin’ A Hole. Still, the judges like her.

Ashley Rodriguez C Ashley gave a respectable if not terribly exciting performance of Happy. She still has a boost from her audition, but she will have to step things up to survive into the finals.

Janell Wheeler C- Janell made a poor showing on What About Love tonight. A lot of people will remember her strking performances in Hollywood and want to keep her around. But she is hovering close to the danger zone and will need to do much better to get out of semifinals.

Lacey Brown C- Lacey may have some potential, but it was buried in this karaoke Landslide. Some will remember her from last year when she was dumped in favor of Megan Joy and may be willing to give her one more chance. The judges were lukewarm.

Siobhan Magnus B+ Why is one of the best performances of the night (Wicked Game) so far down the list? Siobhan is a case study on how difficult it is to break through with NO pre-season exposure. There is a real possibility that she could be dropped this week. But if she can survive this week, and she can perform at this level, she could be this year's Allen / Iraheta and fight her way from canon fodder to the finals.

Michelle Delamor B A good solid showing on Falling tonight from the professional corporate singer. The judges want more originality. Unfortunately, like Siobhan, Michelle had no exposure before tonight which could do her in this week.

Paige Miles B- Paige sang Alright Now just fine tonight. But she sang in the "death slot" (first) and she has had no exposure. The producers are doing everything possible to bury her this week. I think they'll succeed, which is too bad because she is a very good singer.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 02-24-2010 at 01:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread