+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Todrick Hall Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Todrick Hall Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by colorfuldreamer;3840191;
    I loved his version of "Since U Been Gone." Simon said that no one would buy his version, but I totally would. I really have no opinion of him as a person yet, but as a performer, he was one of the few that actually entertained me last night.
    I'm curious, have you seen the previous shows this season, or did you start watching this week?

I just finished re watching last nights episode and I really didn't think he was all that bad..I kinda liked his version of Kelly's hit. I also don't think he's too cocky ~ just confident.

The judges always send mixed signals. They want the contestants to make it their own so not be compared to the original and the few that did rearrange .. were hammered by them..go figure
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Ugh...his version of "Since U Been Gone" was absolutely horrid. I was kinda hoping his smugness would get him the boot this week, but, if he's gonna stick around, he's REALLY got to step up this next week...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Okay, I am BEYOND ready for this kid to be gone.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Really? I thought he was one of the best this week.

He was really good vocally on Somebody to love.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Glad he's gone, but wish he would have taken Mike and Tim with him
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Todrick really does have a beautiful voice. It is too bad he had some strange moments. I do think he had the best voice of all the guys. He has a lot of famous fans also. I'm kind of curious to see what Todrick will do next. Will it be back to the stage? I'm sure it will be. Let's just stay away from the children's musicals.
    I hope current and future contestants learn some things from Todrick: don't arrange songs. The judges don't like that. What you should do is search youtube for a better/different version of the song. It worked for Adam and Kris. If you pick an obscure version of the song and don't mention the artist who changed it up, you will get credit for it. Kara will call you a genius and Simon will say "brilliant." If they don't like it, you can blame the artist. Just don't arrange songs yourself.
    And this is random but I thought Paige and Todrick looked good together. I don't think Todrick would be interested in that sort of thing. You never know.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3853876;
    Todrick really does have a beautiful voice. It is too bad he had some strange moments. I do think he had the best voice of all the guys. He has a lot of famous fans also. I'm kind of curious to see what Todrick will do next. Will it be back to the stage? I'm sure it will be. Let's just stay away from the children's musicals.
    I hope current and future contestants learn some things from Todrick: don't arrange songs. The judges don't like that.....

I don't know about that - I thought they just didn't like Todrick. After his first performance in Top 24, I wondered if they weren't panning him in the hopes of an early exit in order to avoid being associated with his "Oz, the Musical" snafu.

I thought the guy did great this week, even though I was prepared for a trainwreck when they annouced that he was doing Queen. Even downloaded his performance on itunes!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast