+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tim Urban Season 9

Re: Tim Urban Season 9

I am NOT..let me repeat NOT a Tim Urban fan, I think he can't sing worth a nickel, however, he was more bearable last night and I think the little girls will love him! I must confess I found it hysterical that while he was on my TV there was a "Glee" promo in the bottom corner!....That is where this boy belongs...not AI

Dunno if you saw the youtube video of the Glee kids singing at the White House, but (as I kind of suspected) Tim can probably sing circles around Cory Monteith (Finn). Auto-tune probably does him lots of favors on the show... still Cory's a fantastic actor so I don't mind so much that they have to "help" him sing. But yeah, Tim could fit right in (assuming he can act: all we've seen is the "nice, honest boy" character).

FORT Fan

I guess auto-tuner is not seen as a bad thing by AI producers and judges (and probably by a lot of people in the music industry). The reason the judges keep repeating words like "commercial", "current", "distinctive tone", etc. is because they can take an average singer and turn him/her into a commercially successful artiste and make money for themselves with the help of the latest sound-recording and correcting technology. You just need any average singer with some style and a unique tone. Singing ability? That is secondary. What about live shows? Who cares? A lot of people still love Miley Cyrus, Jonas and the girl who sang with him, Taylor Swift, etc. Anyway, back to Tim. He may not be the best singer. But he certainly is a very nice guy, well-mannered guy and has the potential to be a good singer. Also "adorable" like Ellen says. Hope America keeps him in for some more time.

FORT Fanatic

What I think is nice about Tim is that he came into this and he has worked so hard. He takes what the judges say and he keeps working. His performance on Wednesday night was lovely and nobody could fault him for it. He has the look, he has the charm and now I think he may even have Simon Cowell.

I think Tim was more than decent in the last couple weeks. He has an interesting tone to his voice, and distinctive phrasing. He could wind up being a solid performer.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

I give the kid credit for remaining unfailingly pleasant in the face of ugly comments, especially early on. He has continued to improve weekly and the fact that he has outlasted 17 of the originally selected contestants, just makes me smile

FORT Fogey

I think his performance this week was good ... for him. His voice is never going to be anything more than average. He's not a great singer but at least the guitar was pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3878508;
    I think his performance this week was good ... for him. His voice is never going to be anything more than average. He's not a great singer but at least the guitar was pretty.
    During the group number I know they were lip syncing to their own voices, but I have to say that I was surprised at the bass note Tim hit during one of the numbers. He should really see what songs he might be able to pick that would show off that lower register...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv;3878520;
    During the group number I know they were lip syncing to their own voices, but I have to say that I was surprised at the bass note Tim hit during one of the numbers. He should really see what songs he might be able to pick that would show off that lower register...
    Or, as Shania would put it, "He has a good bottom end."

+ Reply to Thread