+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tim Urban Season 9

Re: Tim Urban Season 9

Tim's definitely not my fave and I have not agreed with most of the choices he's made. However, I do like his optimistic attitude and the fact that while his range is limited, he does sing on key. Not many seem to do that this season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Brian Mansfield at USA Today is happy to keep T Urb around for a few more weeks:

Why Tim Urban needs to stick around

...I want to keep Tim on the show because he's the one contestant in this generally lackluster season -- maybe the one contestant in the history of the show -- who can neutralize the judges.

In a season when many of the show's hardcore faithful have decided that the judges need to be taken down a peg or two, Tim Urban, it turns out, is just the guy to do it.

Tim has their number. He just stands there, absorbing the worst punishment Simon and his gang can throw at him. Then, unbowed and unbloodied, he smiles, thanks them kindly and lets them know how very much he appreciates their input.

Wednesday, in a display of condescension that rivaled anything Simon has ever shown, Kara began talking about Tim in the third person, as though he were a small child with a severe learning disability: "I don't think he even understands, maybe, what we're saying."

But Tim understood her perfectly, he just wasn't going to let her get to him...

"The reason you guys see me smile is because every time I step on that stage I know it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," he continued. "And, so, when I get done performing on this stage for millions of people, if I get done singing and I let myself get depressed about what I just did, then I'm gonna walk off that stage and for the rest of my life, go, 'Man ... '"

It was the perfect answer, both in its substance (it showed that Tim has his head in exactly the right spot) and in its tone (it put Kara and the rest of the judges in their place while simultaneously earning Tim the respect of the parents who watch the show with their tween daughters that vote for him)...

It was, frankly, Tim's best performance of the season...

Thanks for the link! That's exactly what I thought of Tim's interactions with the judges this week.

I agree - Tim won us over with that comment. So many contestants seem to forget that they are having the experience of a lifetime. Tim knows that really he should be sitting at home watching Idol but through an amazing twist of fate he has found his way onto tour and he intends to enjoy that ride. I like that attitude. It will take Tim far in life. And is a great lesson to teach my kids. Siobhan's reaction to standing with Tim and almost being in the bottom 3 was too much drama for our house.

FORT Fan

Tim's studio verison of Sweet Love is done quite well. The melody is intact and Tim's voice sounds soooo suweet! Shows the quality of output he can produce with proper guidance from music professionals. If he makes an album with ballads like this I will buy it and play it in continuous loop.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3867847;
    Tim's definitely not my fave and I have not agreed with most of the choices he's made. However, I do like his optimistic attitude and the fact that while his range is limited, he does sing on key. Not many seem to do that this season.
    Some karaoke singers can also sing on key. I told you guys, we should start a Vote Against The Worst (VATW) thread to get rid of the worst singer. This Tim is going to sanjaya every other contestant on his way and I kid you not!

Who is John Galt?

Tim is adorable and he is a man. Even though he is only 20, he is far more mature in many ways than those much older than him. His optimism and ability to take criticism impressed me and obviously many of those watching. His parents raised him right!

I like Tim and hope he goes far in the competition

I have a confession to make: I totally want to vote for Tim tonight just so that I can watch Kara's head explode tomorrow...

+ Reply to Thread