+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tim Urban Season 9

Last edited by Unklescott; 03-11-2010 at 07:50 AM.

FORT Fan

Re: Tim Urban Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3852466;
    This was really quite good...bit of a surprise. Starting to think he may have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3847840;
    I think Tim could be the break-out star of Season 9. Give him a Disney show and send him on tour and he would CLEAN UP! If you are expecting him to go - don't hold your breath. The tweens have found him and are mobilizing as we speak.
    Yup, Sanjaya 2.0, except he didn't manage to swing a Disney deal.

I hated his "Hallelujah" - it was nowhere near as good as Jason Castro's and it's just plain insulting to Jeff Buckley's memory to mention him in the same sentence as Tim Urban. (Though I just did. ) I know he's not going anywhere soon but I am going to resent every moment he has on stage. The one good thing about him - and no, it's not his hair - is that I think he knows he's out of his league here.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3855219;
    I hated his "Hallelujah" - it was nowhere near as good as Jason Castro's and it's just plain insulting to Jeff Buckley's memory to mention him in the same sentence as Tim Urban. (Though I just did. ) I know he's not going anywhere soon but I am going to resent every moment he has on stage. The one good thing about him - and no, it's not his hair - is that I think he knows he's out of his league here.
    I dunno, it wasn't bad and I did feel some emotion out of the rendition. He did manage to do one thing that Jason Castro didn't: end the song without a foul note (much as I loved Jason's performance, his nerves betrayed him in his falsetto in the end, and Tim, whatever else you want to say about him, is learning what he cannot do as well as what he can). That Other Site still wants to rally behind him, but I don't really think he's necessarily the worst anymore. He's not winning material but we'll see how he grows or doesn't over the course of the show.

FORT Fogey

I can't get over that they let Tim Urban sing "Under My Thunb." I had never heard the song until tonight. I was shocked at how offensive the lyrics are. I cannot believe the producers would approve of such a song. Why would Tim even want to sing it? That's just horrible!

Last edited by Unklescott; 03-17-2010 at 06:31 AM.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3833142;
    I really like him. He might be my favorite
    Wow, do I need to take this back IMMEDIATELY!!! I liked him in Hollywood, but he has yet to impress me. I don't understand why he is here.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

His sound and song choises reminds me a lot of Jason Castro.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3856480;
    I can't get over that they let Tim Urban sing "Under My Thunb." I had never heard the song until tonight. I was shocked at how offensive the lyrics are. I cannot believe the producers would approve of such a song. Why would Tim even want to sing it? That's just horrible!
    Many, many of the Rolling Stones songs are like that, just as a lot of today's songs are. I guess since they have become classics, they kind of get a pass for the lyrics. Actually, the Stones took a lot of flack for the lyrics in "Some Girls". I don't condone it, but if you have a Stones night, the odds of having all the songs without offensive lyrics are small.

"Under My Thumb" might be one of the LESS offensive songs. Frankly, I was more offended by Tim's rendition of it. The worst performance this season so far.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread