+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tim Urban Season 9

Re: Tim Urban Season 9

TopCatDC-- very well said....and 100% agree but I always was on the Tim train. AND I'M NOT A TWEEN!!! lol

FORT Fogey

In my opinion, Tim was nothing more than mediocrity with a smile. And that is being generous. I think he was learning how to cope with his disadvantages but he was never able to overcome his limitations. I think his success on this show is a testament to what the audience wants: a good-looking, guitar-playing, boy next door. Talent just doesn't matter.
    He was gracious and a lot can be said for that. A whole lot can be said for that. Perhaps he is a nice guy. This show just wasn't for him. He used the show as an opportunity to learn about himself and I think he grew in a way. He packaged himself better. Good for him. But he certainly stole this opportunity from someone who would have had more use of it. I guess I shouldn't blame him for that. He didn't ask for the support of a certain group. It isn't his fault he is attractive.

Kiz

TopCatDC..agreeing with the others - your post was spot on.

Tim's appreciation for the AI opportunity and his positive attitude sold me. He certainly wasn't the most talented of the bunch, but he wasn't hard to listen to once he started making better song choices. Much worse singers have gone further on Idol than he did, and in my opinion at least one won the whole shabang...still hurts my ears when I remember that singer. I think Aaron would have benefited from being a couple of years older, but I can't blame him for grabbing the opportunity when it arose. If it were up to me, I would have liked to have seen Aaron go this week, since one of them had to.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Through the years, the show has assembled more than its fair share of mediocre talent.
    So, Tim had just as much of a right to be there as many others who'd gone before him. And, he actually used the critiques he was given to try and improve himself. His unfailing ability to realize what an opportunity he was given and to never fight back with or insult the judges and / or the viewers, gives him a leg up on so many of the AI contestants we've seen on this show. He's the paragon of class and humility, 2 attributes sorely lacking in many AI contestants who might happen to possess much greater singing ability, but very little character or integrity.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3883393;
    Through the years, the show has assembled more than its fair share of mediocre talent.
    So, Tim had just as much of a right to be there as many others who'd gone before him. And, he actually used the critiques he was given to try and improve himself. His unfailing ability to realize what an opportunity he was given and to never fight back with or insult the judges and / or the viewers, gives him a leg up on so many of the AI contestants we've seen on this show. He's the paragon of class and humility, 2 attributes sorely lacking in many AI contestants who might happen to possess much greater singing ability, but very little character or integrity.
    And, that, is what we want in our idols isn't it? Someone to look up to, who may be able to teach us a little something.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I believe we haven't seen the last of Tim and for my tween-aged daughter, that will be a good thing!

FORT Fogey

That isn't what I look for in an idol. I would rank talent, viability in the industry, determination, and style ahead of "humility." Humility is a nice thing to have but it won't get you my vote. I mean, I wouldn't vote to someone if they were morally opposed to their views (I'm looking at you Alex Lambert. You and your racial slurs). But I wouldn't want someone to win just because they were nice. If it was Casey and Tim in the finale, I'd vote for Casey even though he has a history of DUIs. I'd pick Casey because this is about music and not about kindness. For the record, I don't approve of driving under the influence at all!

FORT Fanatic

I began to really like Tim. I think Aaron should have went this week and not Tim. Tim should be very proud. He worked hard, he was charming and he had the time of his life. Good for him.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I just saw Tim on David Letterman. I didn't realize David was spotlighting the cast-offs until I saw a commercial earlier in the evening. It was a really good place for Tim to be (in the middle of the band) and a very nice interview. He sang his Beatle song and did very well IMO.

Other than it being on a competing network, I guess it makes sense for David to bring them on the show. While in LA they sing on Ellen then travel to NY for the EW interview with Michael Slezak so they are in NY. High Five Dave for the gentle welcome to Tim and I'm sure for the ones I missed. I'll now look for the remaining cast-offs to make an appearance.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3887573;
    I just saw Tim on David Letterman. I didn't realize David was spotlighting the cast-offs until I saw a commercial earlier in the evening. It was a really good place for Tim to be (in the middle of the band) and a very nice interview. He sang his Beatle song and did very well IMO.

Other than it being on a competing network, I guess it makes sense for David to bring them on the show. While in LA they sing on Ellen then travel to NY for the EW interview with Michael Slezak so they are in NY. High Five Dave for the gentle welcome to Tim and I'm sure for the ones I missed. I'll now look for the remaining cast-offs to make an appearance.
    Ariel,

The cast offs have been appearing every Monday night on his show. Although I don't stay up that late, I have seen the ads promoting them since they get voted out of Top 12.

I'm glad Tim did well. While he wasn't the greatest singer ever, he had one of the greatest attitudes ever on this show!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread