+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Yes, I thought she was very, very good!

She's my favorite so far!! She gets a brownie point for knowing how to blow glass too

I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked her performance this week...

FORT Fogey

a girl who we did not see much of. Great that she has come out of nowhere and pushed ahead of the pimpettes

I didn't see all of Hollywood week and missed a few of the auditions. Did they showcase her at all? I was completely blown away! What an incredible voice and cool confidence. Wow.

I enjoyed her performance, she's actually the only girl I liked.

FORT Fogey

I saw an article in the Boston GLOBE about her. I guess she is a recent hs graduate of a Cape Cod school where drama and music are as important as sports so she got lots of stage time in HS. ( Not a lot doing on Cape Cod in the winter) She was wait listed at Berklee School of Music in Boston.....which is kind of funny when we have seen what she can do

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3847369;
    I saw an article in the Boston GLOBE about her. I guess she is a recent hs graduate of a Cape Cod school where drama and music are as important as sports so she got lots of stage time in HS. ( Not a lot doing on Cape Cod in the winter) She was wait listed at Berklee School of Music in Boston.....which is kind of funny when we have seen what she can do
    Yeah, I'm working in New England and they are definitely claiming Siobhan as their own. The local Fox news has done several stories on her and her support here. Could Massachusetts be the new Arkansas? (They just sent a Republican to the Senate, so anything is possible.)

Update: Siobhan is picking up new fans:
    Blake Lewis: Siobhan Magnus 'is a ninja' (USA Today)

Last but not least, Siobhan Magnus took on Aretha Franklin's Think. When I first heard that she was going to sing this, I was saying "WHAT?! There is no way she's gonna sing Aretha." I shut my mouth soon after. Man, she has got some pipes on her! The whole place lit up when she hit her high note. This girl has a really unique quality that will shine bright in this competition, and I'm looking forward to it. She is a ninja.
    And another new fan, Michael Slezak at Entertainment Weekly:
    Yet, that said, everything else about the performance was pretty much obliterated by Siobhan's atom bomb of a closing glory note: It was the singing equivalent of Plushenko's quad — a show-stopper, a game-changer, a topic for water-cooler conversation — even if it had a few little wobbles.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 03-04-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

After not hearing much of anything about her during auditions and Hollywood weeks, I was pleasantly surprised at her performance last week and found myself voting for her.

Was eager to hear her again this week. I think we just had our first WOW moment!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread