+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3889525;
    In actuality Aaron is the only one I've seen real growth in, so I guess Aaron will win if he's correct.

....bite your tongue!!!

I can't say I'm surprised that Shiobhan got cut. She was losing momentum and we were due for the standard top 5/6 shock elimination.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3889511;
    Honestly, I am still in shock. What a disgrace that this talented young girl was voted out before the man child that is Aaron. Terrible.
    Its all about who the voting public wants to hear. I can't complain because I don't pick up a phone. I like Aaron and would rather have seen Mike go (who I'm not a fan of) or Casey (who I liked at first but who is getting boring to me).
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3889525;
    "And that's a major problem on a show where viewers often demand to see ''growth'' above all else."

That guy is full of it. Lee, Crystal (who I love), Mike ( I'm also a Big Mike fan) and Casey have been the same throughout the competition. In actuality Aaron is the only one I've seen real growth in, so I guess Aaron will win if he's correct.
    I don't think there has been much growth this season. Aaron has grown a little bit but I don't think people really have many opportunities for growth anymore. The show used to be about doing something different every week and now it is more about changing songs so that they fit in your comfort zone.
    I think Siobhan and some of the people that were praised early on have predictably regressed to the mean. When you start off strong, there's more room for error than growth and the "wow" moments stop wowing us. This is how the show gets boring.

I'm pulling for an Aaron win. After the way the judges treated Siobhan & beat her down every week, they now deserve to get the most vanilla contestant as their winner. Go get em Aaron!

Siobhan, you will be missed. It was an unnecessarily brutal season for you. Hope to see your name attached to many great projects in the future.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3889686;
    I'm pulling for an Aaron win. After the way the judges treated Siobhan & beat her down every week, they now deserve to get the most vanilla contestant as their winner. Go get em Aaron!

Siobhan, you will be missed. It was an unnecessarily brutal season for you. Hope to see your name attached to many great projects in the future.
    That already happened last year.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3889511;
    Honestly, I am still in shock. What a disgrace that this talented young girl was voted out before the man child that is Aaron. Terrible.
    I've barely watched the show this season. Aaron is a huge reason I don't tune in regularly (yuck!), and Siobhan is a huge reason I managed to navigagte to AI at all.

FORT Fan

I have to admit that Siobhan made many bad song choices. On the brighter side, now that she is out of the competition she is not under the influence of Simon and Kara's uninformed advice any more. May be if Randy had taken a more active and assertive role as a judge he could have helped shape Siobhan as an artiste (and many other contestants for that matter). An artiste must be shaped in the direction they are naturally growing. But Simon and Kara were pruning the plant near the root. The idol kids are still young and impressionable and take the judges' advice too seriously out of respect for their age (which is always confused with wisdom).

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3889893;
    I have to admit that Siobhan made many bad song choices. On the brighter side, now that she is out of the competition she is not under the influence of Simon and Kara's uninformed advice any more. May be if Randy had taken a more active and assertive role as a judge he could have helped shape Siobhan as an artiste (and many other contestants for that matter). An artiste must be shaped in the direction they are naturally growing. But Simon and Kara were pruning the plant near the root. The idol kids are still young and impressionable and take the judges' advice too seriously out of respect for their age (which is always confused with wisdom).
    Very well said! I couldn't agree more ~ with everything you said.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

With all due respect, though, I beleve they mentioned repeatedly about the scream. And, she kept doing that.
    I'm certainly not a big fan of these judges because this is an entertainment show more geared to ratings than anything else.
    I do think, however, that Siobhan didn't really listen to the critiques.
    Sorry, I liked her at the beginning, too. But, I haven't enjoyed her performances for quite a while. So, I can't blame it all on the judges. The vocals are coming out of Siobhan and not out of Kara, Randy or Simon.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread