+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

I liked her at the beginning.
    The past several weeks, however, have been disappointing for me.
    I do think she basically has a good voice, but I think she is not heeding any critique and just continuing her tradition of holding the note way too long even when not at all necessary.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm glad that she went back to what she likes to do with the "scream" at the end. Although 2 of my favorite performances (Wicked Game & House of the Rising Sun) didn't involve screaming. I thought this was a very odd performance and I am shocked that the judges praised her. But I'm glad they did, since I feel Siobhan lost some confidence along the way. Maybe this is the positive feedback she needs to be able to step it back up again, assuming it's not already too late.

FORT Fogey

Personally, I thought Siobhan's performance last night was her worst of the season. She was off tempo, lagging behind the band and dragging a very peppy song. And her performance wasn't believable to me. I loved "Wicked Game," "House of the Rising Sun," and "Paint It Black," and I was hoping she'd eventually rebound from the judges' relentless criticisms and come back with a performance along the lines of her early ones. No such luck. What I was loving about her has disappeared. Maybe she'll be around another week and pull out another winner. I still think she'd be a perfect character for Glee.

FORT Fan

Normally most singers go nasal when they go higher in range. For Siobhan it is in her lower ranges that she sounds nasal but the higher range is wide open and full throated. She is a strange girl!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3888886;
    Personally, I thought Siobhan's performance last night was her worst of the season. She was off tempo, lagging behind the band and dragging a very peppy song. And her performance wasn't believable to me. I loved "Wicked Game," "House of the Rising Sun," and "Paint It Black," and I was hoping she'd eventually rebound from the judges' relentless criticisms and come back with a performance along the lines of her early ones. No such luck. What I was loving about her has disappeared. Maybe she'll be around another week and pull out another winner. I still think she'd be a perfect character for Glee.
    I think she has a peculiar "character" that is what made her so interesting. Unfortunately this IS a singing competition (well at least in theroy)...and she needs REAL mentoring in that category. She has the pipes...she just needs someone to teach her how to use them effectively!

FORT Fanatic

Honestly, I am still in shock. What a disgrace that this talented young girl was voted out before the man child that is Aaron. Terrible.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3889511;
    Honestly, I am still in shock. What a disgrace that this talented young girl was voted out before the man child that is Aaron. Terrible.
    Michael Slezak ponders that same question in his article on yesterday's show:

And yet, how did the girl who once looked like a mortal lock for the top three wind up finishing behind the once-eliminated Big Mike and the perpetually unspectacular Aaron? For starters, there's song choice. Future Idol contenders should bear in mind that ''Any Man of Mine'' is now 0-for-2 on the show, having also led to unimonikered Mandisa's exit back in season 5. Perhaps more damaging, though, was Siobhan's backward momentum over the last five or six weeks.

Even the biggest Siobhan booster can't make the case that ''Any Man of Mine'' was in the same league as her Rolling Stones cover in top 12 week. Nor is it up for debate that last week's turgid ''When You Believe'' was on par with that haunting semifinal rendition of ''House of the Rising Sun.'' And that's a major problem on a show where viewers often demand to see ''growth'' above all else. Indeed, if you're not learning and improving on a weekly basis or if you dare to peak too early then it's only a matter of time till the backlash begins.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3889511;
    Yes ma'am, it is. I have been an Idol addict trying to catch that high I haven't had since the semi-finals of season 6. This vote is been the antidote that has cured me of my addiction.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3889521;
    Michael Slezak ponders that same question in his article on yesterday's show:

"And that's a major problem on a show where viewers often demand to see ''growth'' above all else."

That guy is full of it. Lee, Crystal (who I love), Mike ( I'm also a Big Mike fan) and Casey have been the same throughout the competition. In actuality Aaron is the only one I've seen real growth in, so I guess Aaron will win if he's correct.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread