+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3884374;
    No true at all. This is brought up year after year as to how it's much better to not to win. There has been only 1 example of a non winner doing better & that was Daughtry & even then he is under the 19 umbrella.
    Didn't Clay Aiken do better than the winner? I thought he was the first.

Regardless, Siobhan should be top 4, with Crystal, Lee and ????
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3885598;
    Didn't Clay Aiken do better than the winner? I thought he was the first.

Regardless, Siobhan should be top 4, with Crystal, Lee and ????
    See, that's the thing.....I can only picture a Top 3 (Crystal, Siobhan, and Lee) and the Others! I just can't see anyone else deserving, and everyone else is in the same Other pile. Doesn't matter to me if they're #5 or #9.

FORT Fogey

I like Siobhan, but she reminds me of Kat McPhee...heavy musical theatre background with one foot in acting and the other in singing.

I can see where people have difficulty identifying what kind of artist she is/wants to be. She and Crystal are by far my favorites, but I also have difficulty figuring out where Siobhan would fit it in the musical world.

I picture her more on tv than anything, I think.

Rubin won but Clay sold way more records. Fantasia won but Jennifer Hudson is way more successful ( they both auditioned for the same part in Dream Girls). Taylor won but Daughtry is way more successful. So far Adam Lambert is selling more records (cd) is soon to start his 1st solo tour & generates so much interest he's on every talk show. The winner KA is an opening act on some tour dates, his cd is not doing that well & I never see him much on tv.

I loved three of Siobhan's early songs: Wicked Game, House of the Rising Sun, and Paint It Black. That's what I like that dark, moody kind of rock music. That along with her look and personality just made her very interesting and made me want to watch her and get to know her more. Since those early performances she's gone way downhill. I absolutely hate the R&B stuff she did: the Chaka Khan & the Whitney & Mariah songs were horrendous, and I didn't care much for her rendition of Aretha's Think either. I admittedly am not a big fan of R&B music in general but I don't think it's Siobhan's style at all. The Beatles song was OK but too slow and boring. I really wish she would bring back the magic of those early performances because I still love this girl and would even love to see her win this whole thing but she has a lot of catching up to do.

FORT Newbie

I wonder if Ryan Murphy is interested in Siobhan? I think she'd make a great addition to the show - you know, that oddball girl you saw in the hallways way back when, the one who nobody knew had the talent she's got.
    The only thing that works is C#, and it's flat!

We had a girl like that in our school. Total loner, tomboy, odd... then she went to college and studied opera. I heard her perform at a Christmas service at our church and was blown away. Just months later she was killed in a car accident. So sad. I really want to like Siobhan, but I don't. A couple of performances when the screeching went wrong make me tense up when she sings. Something about her just seems "off" and I can't put my finger on it. Love the kooky clothes, though.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by RustySax;3887337;
    I wonder if Ryan Murphy is interested in Siobhan? I think she'd make a great addition to the show - you know, that oddball girl you saw in the hallways way back when, the one who nobody knew had the talent she's got.
    What an excellent idea! I was having trouble picturing the kind of album she would make anyway so I think Glee would be a great route for her to try and take. I could totally see her being friends with Tina!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;3887177;
    I loved three of Siobhan's early songs: Wicked Game, House of the Rising Sun, and Paint It Black. That's what I like that dark, moody kind of rock music. That along with her look and personality just made her very interesting and made me want to watch her and get to know her more. Since those early performances she's gone way downhill. I absolutely hate the R&B stuff she did: the Chaka Khan & the Whitney & Mariah songs were horrendous, and I didn't care much for her rendition of Aretha's Think either. I admittedly am not a big fan of R&B music in general but I don't think it's Siobhan's style at all. The Beatles song was OK but too slow and boring. I really wish she would bring back the magic of those early performances because I still love this girl and would even love to see her win this whole thing but she has a lot of catching up to do.
    Thank you! You hit the nail on the head for me. I did like her dark side a lot. I even liked "Think." But I have not liked anything since. A lot of her notes are flat or nasally. She may have been one of my favorites at the start, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if she left soon (which I don't think will happen).

+ Reply to Thread