+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 228
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

  1. #151
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Here and there in Arizona
    Posts
    55

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3882329;
    I agree with all of the posts above regarding Siobhan's beautiful voice and am also wondering why the judges are having such a difficult time appreciating what she brings. And I thought what she looked lovely last night, despite Simon's comments about her "leaves."
    Mel I think you had the answer last week in response to my

    I love Siobhan to death. She's got a lot going on. She's similar 'artist'-wise, imo, to Cyndi Lauper. She visualizes the entire package, make-up, hair, clothing, stage, arrangement etc.....way too much for the 'dog', I-don't-even know-who-I-am-Kara and I-declared-the-winner-to-be-Crystal-weeks-ago-Simon to comprehend.

    She isn't cookie-cutter and the only one who appreciates it is Ellen.

    The show will give Siobhan exposure and she will see success in her life because she is 'special'.

  2. #152
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    I think she is the new Andrew Garcia. I think the judges are just "over" it. I don't think she has a chance to win anymore. She hasn't been delivering. I was never a fan but I did understand that people were blinded by the glory note. I was hoping that she could pull it together but now she can't seem to get the glory note to work for her anymore.
    I wonder if it is just fatigue. I've given up on Siobhan. I think she has so many fans that she will make it at least as far as top 4.
    I think she would do a lot better if she had the guidance of a professional. She needs someone to mold her because she is just making the wrong choices on her own.

  3. #153
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    I like her and the fact that she's not like every other cookie cutter pop singer.
    However, I really have not been impressed with her most recent performances.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  4. #154
    FORT Fogey mbcrowder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    46
    Posts
    853

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    So ... Casey sounds the same every week and gets told to do something different. Crystal sounds the same every week (granted ... great... but still the same) and gets lauded. Siobhan sounds different every week and gets blasted. Whatever.

  5. #155
    FoRT Lurker CrossingGuard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area / Boston
    Age
    21
    Posts
    5,836

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3882412;
    I like her and the fact that she's not like every other cookie cutter pop singer.
    However, I really have not been impressed with her most recent performances.
    Same here. This is actually exactly how I feel. I've been disappointed with her most recent performances, but she's still my favorite. I've come to accept that Crystal will most likely win... admittedly, she has been growing on me. But I still want Siohban to make it farther than Aaron, Mike, and especially Lee (great singer, but I find him forgettable!).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

  6. #156
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3882434;
    So ... Casey sounds the same every week and gets told to do something different. Crystal sounds the same every week (granted ... great... but still the same) and gets lauded. Siobhan sounds different every week and gets blasted. Whatever.
    I don't really think she sounds different every week. It has been that high school musical style for a while now. She hasn't been performing well recently. Perhaps her strategies would be applauded by the judges if she executed it better.
    I do see your point though. The judges let some contestants get away with a lot and others don't get away with lesser offenses. It isn't really fair but the judges don't really try and hide their bias. Crystal gives a bit of attitude to the judges pretty consistently. Their response is "touche." Siobhan always has a response as well. Last week they seemed really peeved about it.

  7. #157
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3882434;
    So ... Casey sounds the same every week and gets told to do something different. Crystal sounds the same every week (granted ... great... but still the same) and gets lauded. Siobhan sounds different every week and gets blasted. Whatever.
    I love all three, Crystal, Casey and Siobhan, for different reasons. Crystal and Casey are great artists who stay true to their blusey-rock genre. That's not sounding the "same" each week, that's artistic integrity.

    Siobhan is great because she uses her incredible range to bring different sensibilities each week to the stage while sticking to a wonderfully weird Goth-Broadway style. She also has artistic integrity.

    These three, plus Lilly, have made it a really interesting season for me.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

  8. #158
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3883347;
    Siobhan always has a response as well. Last week they seemed really peeved about it.

    I think they may have been peeved because she did have, yet again, a response more articulate than their vague, critical comments. For a girl, barely 20 who didn't get off Cape Cod very often, she is right is telling them that she is still exploring who she is.

  9. #159
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    45
    Posts
    650

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    I love Siobhan - she is unique - she looks more beautiful and confident each week. Her voice is amazing and I would rather listen to her then Crystal any day of the week.

  10. #160
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3884062;
    I think they may have been peeved because she did have, yet again, a response more articulate than their vague, critical comments...
    Lovely singing, but articulate? Really?

    "The thing is I didn't want who the song is by to scare me away from singing it because I love the song. And to have the opportunity to be here and sing this song that I know has touched me very deeply before and, you know, the meaning of it is why I'm here right now, and to have the opportunity to perform it for people regardless of being compared to Mariah or Whitney because because no one compares to them obviously... I just love the song."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.