+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

FORT Regular

Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3882329;
    I agree with all of the posts above regarding Siobhan's beautiful voice and am also wondering why the judges are having such a difficult time appreciating what she brings. And I thought what she looked lovely last night, despite Simon's comments about her "leaves."
    Mel I think you had the answer last week in response to my

I love Siobhan to death. She's got a lot going on. She's similar 'artist'-wise, imo, to Cyndi Lauper. She visualizes the entire package, make-up, hair, clothing, stage, arrangement etc.....way too much for the 'dog', I-don't-even know-who-I-am-Kara and I-declared-the-winner-to-be-Crystal-weeks-ago-Simon to comprehend.

She isn't cookie-cutter and the only one who appreciates it is Ellen.

The show will give Siobhan exposure and she will see success in her life because she is 'special'.

FORT Fogey

I think she is the new Andrew Garcia. I think the judges are just "over" it. I don't think she has a chance to win anymore. She hasn't been delivering. I was never a fan but I did understand that people were blinded by the glory note. I was hoping that she could pull it together but now she can't seem to get the glory note to work for her anymore.
    I wonder if it is just fatigue. I've given up on Siobhan. I think she has so many fans that she will make it at least as far as top 4.
    I think she would do a lot better if she had the guidance of a professional. She needs someone to mold her because she is just making the wrong choices on her own.

I like her and the fact that she's not like every other cookie cutter pop singer.
    However, I really have not been impressed with her most recent performances.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

So ... Casey sounds the same every week and gets told to do something different. Crystal sounds the same every week (granted ... great... but still the same) and gets lauded. Siobhan sounds different every week and gets blasted. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3882412;
    I like her and the fact that she's not like every other cookie cutter pop singer.
    However, I really have not been impressed with her most recent performances.
    Same here. This is actually exactly how I feel. I've been disappointed with her most recent performances, but she's still my favorite. I've come to accept that Crystal will most likely win... admittedly, she has been growing on me. But I still want Siohban to make it farther than Aaron, Mike, and especially Lee (great singer, but I find him forgettable!).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3882434;
    So ... Casey sounds the same every week and gets told to do something different. Crystal sounds the same every week (granted ... great... but still the same) and gets lauded. Siobhan sounds different every week and gets blasted. Whatever.
    I don't really think she sounds different every week. It has been that high school musical style for a while now. She hasn't been performing well recently. Perhaps her strategies would be applauded by the judges if she executed it better.
    I do see your point though. The judges let some contestants get away with a lot and others don't get away with lesser offenses. It isn't really fair but the judges don't really try and hide their bias. Crystal gives a bit of attitude to the judges pretty consistently. Their response is "touche." Siobhan always has a response as well. Last week they seemed really peeved about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3882434;
    I love all three, Crystal, Casey and Siobhan, for different reasons. Crystal and Casey are great artists who stay true to their blusey-rock genre. That's not sounding the "same" each week, that's artistic integrity.

Siobhan is great because she uses her incredible range to bring different sensibilities each week to the stage while sticking to a wonderfully weird Goth-Broadway style. She also has artistic integrity.

These three, plus Lilly, have made it a really interesting season for me.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3883347;
    Siobhan always has a response as well. Last week they seemed really peeved about it.

I think they may have been peeved because she did have, yet again, a response more articulate than their vague, critical comments. For a girl, barely 20 who didn't get off Cape Cod very often, she is right is telling them that she is still exploring who she is.

FORT Fanatic

I love Siobhan - she is unique - she looks more beautiful and confident each week. Her voice is amazing and I would rather listen to her then Crystal any day of the week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3884062;
    I think they may have been peeved because she did have, yet again, a response more articulate than their vague, critical comments...
    Lovely singing, but articulate? Really?

"The thing is I didn't want who the song is by to scare me away from singing it because I love the song. And to have the opportunity to be here and sing this song that I know has touched me very deeply before and, you know, the meaning of it is why I'm here right now, and to have the opportunity to perform it for people regardless of being compared to Mariah or Whitney because because no one compares to them obviously... I just love the song."

+ Reply to Thread