+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

I only tuned into Idol to see Lily, Crystal, and Siobhan.

But Lily is gone, and I couldn't stand watching the judges beat up on Siobhan so now I'm down to one - Crystal. And, even she has gotten a bit boring.

The whole thing is just sad.

FORT Fan

Siobhan's performance was excellent last night. It is also true that one cannot narrow her style down to anything and that leaves the listener confused. But that is what she is and should be judged with that knowledge. She can be anything she wants to be. With the right producers and composers I think she can be groomed into a great AC Pop Diva. And we really could use one.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3882161;
    Siobhan's performance was excellent last night. It is also true that one cannot narrow her style down to anything and that leaves the listener confused. But that is what she is and should be judged with that knowledge. She can be anything she wants to be. With the right producers and composers I think she can be groomed into a great AC Pop Diva. And we really could use one.
    I think she has the "chops" she just needs the right avenue. At the moment she seems to exude "drama" and theatrics (ala Adam Lambert)...For me her voice sounds the best when she hits the "power" notes, not so much on the lower..darker..notes. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3882105;
    Kara" I just don't know who you are" Dioguardi proves week after week that she is just an idiot.
    I couldn't agree more.

I think Siobhan has a great voice, but something's just not quite clicking. Yet. Maybe with some more experience and training....but in no way does she deserve the weekly bashing from the judges. I don't get it.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey

the girl is creative, and very much her own person in music and fashion style. The judge's comments are so out of synch with what she is presenting. Most contestants would be lauded for experimenting and not sticking herself into a box. For some reason they are determined to give her no credit.

Razorbacker:
    But, I don't remember a contestant ever being so demonized week after week as undeservedly as has been the case for Siobhan. I just don't get it. We have heard season after season that this is a singing competition. Singing is what Siobhan does, but it certainly doesn't seem to be good enough for her...

I agree that the judges are unfair to Siobhan. She gave a very good performance last night. The way I judge whether I like a contestant is if I would like to see them in concert. I think Siobhan would be fascinating with her own show. The two other people I'd pay to see live would be Crystal and Casey.

The judges keep telling Siobhan to develop an identity. And she keeps saying that her identity is multifaceted. That's fine with me.

I get a nice feeling of revenge against the judges when Siobhan keeps coming back each week with plenty of votes.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-21-2010 at 01:04 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I think Siobhan's confidence got blown when she she got her first bad critique from the judges for "screaming" and has been struggling ever since to placate them. She has a beautiful voice and when confidant can put on a great performance. Hopefully she'll get it together and have a fine career. Broadway beckons Siobhan, answer the call!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3882184;
    I think she has the "chops" she just needs the right avenue. At the moment she seems to exude "drama" and theatrics (ala Adam Lambert)...For me her voice sounds the best when she hits the "power" notes, not so much on the lower..darker..notes. JMHO
    I was thinking in the lines of Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Toni Braxton kind of material. Noooooooo, not Britney, Rihanna, Beyonce, Shakira material.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3882257;
    I think Siobhan's confidence got blown when she she got her first bad critique from the judges for "screaming" and has been struggling ever since to placate them. She has a beautiful voice and when confidant can put on a great performance. Hopefully she'll get it together and have a fine career. Broadway beckons Siobhan, answer the call!
    I agree and that's not a put down. Kara is trying see where she would fit as just a recording artist but that's not her calling. She's a performer that's belongs on the stage portraying different characters not just recording in a sound studio or doing concerts.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

I agree with all of the posts above regarding Siobhan's beautiful voice and am also wondering why the judges are having such a difficult time appreciating what she brings. And I thought what she looked lovely last night, despite Simon's comments about her "leaves."

+ Reply to Thread