+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

It was sad that Casey was lauded for doing something so different from hjis usual, yet Kara was "confused" by Siobhan. Seems like the deal is to promote Crystal & gig Siobhan every chance they get.

Razor,
    What do you mean by 'gig' Siobhan?
    Thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3872209;
    Razor,
    What do you mean by 'gig' Siobhan?
    Thanks
    I mean they are going to find something to gripe about, no matter how insignificant.

She sings songs with big notes the previous weeks, they ask her to do something else, she does & Kara is confused about it. Absolute nonsense.

Ok. Thanks. Understood.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I think Siobhan's performance last night was beautiful, but I missed her personality a bit. I'm hoping she'll blow it away, a la "Paint It Black," next week.

I think Siobhan can be a successful recording artist, or do Broadway or even something like Glee. To me, she would fit right into that cast - in fact, I could see them creating a character after her, or at lesat similar to her. She's fantastic, and with some training and good mentoring and direction has the potential to be a multi-media star. I hope she gets the opportunities to put her talents to use in many ways.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3872143;
    It was sad that Casey was lauded for doing something so different from hjis usual, yet Kara was "confused" by Siobhan. Seems like the deal is to promote Crystal & gig Siobhan every chance they get.
    I've noticed the same, razorbacker. If they don't like a performance, they need to specify the problem, not go lamely from one extreme to the other, because Siobhan and many of the others can never get it "right" if they go by the judges' critiques.

I love Crystal and have thought that she will probably win, but I haven't been blown away by all of her performances. I notice that the judges, Simon in particular, are either not objective about her or choose not to acknowledge any "off" or strained notes, which they are quick to point out in others, or things like the awkward piano performance. (I mentioned this inconsistency or bias in judging last night, and it must've touched a nerve!)

I'm just trying to look at things objectively because I really like more than one of the contestants, and I see strengths AND weaknesses in each of their performances.

Anyway, the judges always have favorites, but they don't have the final say.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3872211;
    I mean they are going to find something to gripe about, no matter how insignificant.

She sings songs with big notes the previous weeks, they ask her to do something else, she does & Kara is confused about it. Absolute nonsense.
    Siobhan isn't the only one they do this too. And they do it every year. You need to step out of your comfort zone and do something different. Then when they do its you don't know what kind of artist you want to be. The smart contestants take what the judges say with a grain of salt and do what they are comfortable doing. Unfortunately, they get a lot of contestants who aren't musically mature or confident enough in themselves. I hope Siobhan gets back to doing what she wants to do and let her sink or swim on that merit. I think she has an absolutely beautiful voice, but I'm not a fan of the screaming.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fan

I always get nervous when Siobhan sings in her lower range. She gets a little quivery there and I get nervous for her. But yesterday she gave a strong rendition even in the lower range. Shows that when she is completely focused on the song she can create wonders. I still attribute her disaster last week to Usher's mentoring and messing with her head. Left on her own or with a true vocal mentor she will be a star.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3872143;
    My mother-in-law's mother is about 98 and comes from the hills of Tennessee.

I recall a story about frog hunting. She and her frineds would "gig" the frogs' eyes (i.e. poke them out if I recall).

eesh!

What is her tatoo of on her arm?

+ Reply to Thread