+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Just finished listening to Siobhan's Studio Version of Through The Fire and it was really good. She really did had an "off" night during performance night. I hope she'll bounce back, picks the right choice of song and kill it (in a good way) next week!

I also liked the fact that she said that she not the kind of girl who gives excuses and acknowledged that she did poorly this week. Unlike some other contestants that blames the band, the arrangement and whatever they're feeling that week.

Hey Siobhan, could you quit with the yelling? Getting a little old. Thx.

i just heard the studio version of "through the fire"
    she's on key though it's really a bad song choice
    it didnt fit her personality
    i guess she got nervous that night
    hopefully, she chooses one wicked, obscure Beatles song to wow us next week

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by opiumchild;3868488;
    i just heard the studio version of "through the fire"
    she's on key though it's really a bad song choice
    it didnt fit her personality
    i guess she got nervous that night
    hopefully, she chooses one wicked, obscure Beatles song to wow us next week
    I agree. On the studio version, her vocals are great, but you're right - TERRIBLE song choice! That song is very boring and old fashioned (chanmneling Simon). Maybe she was just trying to stay true to the R&B theme and not pull any punches, and since she has no guitar, piano, or Tim slide, she has to rely solely on her vocals and attitude to make an impression.

She needs to pick a song that she can Siobhan-ize. Some of the contestants need to keep it middle-of-the-road and boring because they don't have the vocals or the gift of interpretation that she has. But Siobhan has the talent, so she needs to pick a song that is worth remembering this week.

FORT Fan

I would prefer that Siobhan continues to sing big notes. But not hold them as long as she does. Glides with high and low notes will be more beautiful than one long note. She already has the artistic interpretation skills. I hope they bring a better mentor next week who will give her proper guidance on vocals. Not some punk kid with pelvic dances. Because we have a serious vocalist in Siobhan.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3868698;
    I would prefer that Siobhan continues to sing big notes. But not hold them as long as she does. Glides with high and low notes will be more beautiful than one long note. She already has the artistic interpretation skills. I hope they bring a better mentor next week who will give her proper guidance on vocals. Not some punk kid with pelvic dances. Because we have a serious vocalist in Siobhan.
    I completely agree. Shiobhan can hit the high notes and on key, but the tone is more of a scream and it doesn't work well when she tries to sustain it too long which she often does. Her high notes work really well if she keeps them short!

I can understand why some people thought that was boring but for me when someone sings that beautifully, I can never be bored.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

It was beautifully sung. I just wish she had changed the instrumentation and feeling for the second verse so the song had a beginning, middle, and end instead of being the same all the way through. Doing the song as a lullaby was a good choice - but only the first step.

+ Reply to Thread