+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paige Miles Season 9

Re: Paige Miles Season 9

She was at her best during her departure sing out last night. Where was that girl the past few weeks?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3862672;
    She was at her best during her departure sing out last night. Where was that girl the past few weeks?
    Maybe the pressure was just too much for her. I am so glad they are now letting the contestants choose to sing a different song for their final performance, rather than have them repeat what was probably one of their worst. I sure didn't want to hear "Against All Odds" again.

FORT Fogey

Page fell victim to choosing songs for the wrong reasons - both Smile and Against All Odds had an emotional connection for her (she said last night that she had just lost herself in the song while performing). Plus, as soon as Miley told her that when she sang softly, it was just as powerful as when she belted it, I knew Paige was going to be in trouble. The girl just can't sing the soft, slow stuff. Maybe Miley didn't know this because she hasn't been tuning in this season?

Here's the video of Paige's elimination.

3/24 Show Paige's Elimination

I thought Paige absolutely rocked it last night! It's a shame she didn't choose better songs, but I don't think this is the last we'll hear from her!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3862711;
    I thought Paige absolutely rocked it last night! It's a shame she didn't choose better songs, but I don't think this is the last we'll hear from her!
    yes for the next 7 days, but after that really i am not sure we will hear of her

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3862672;
    Seriously. I like the girl. That was frustrating to watch while the boy stayed.

FORT Fan

Paige makes a graceful exit. She couldn't hide the tears when Simon said "No" to saving her. She has a big beautiful voice but failed to capitalize on it. I kept wondering why she keeps trying to sing softly and struggle with it week after week, except for one week when she used her big voice. It seems like she was trying to sell herself as a pop singer or a soft-rock singer. May be she did not want to be labeled a typical black singer with a big voice. But why not embrace what is natural and what so many people would die to have. Hopefully in the future she will do that. With her big voice and beautiful face she can go places, if she wants to. Good luck to her!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I saw an ad last evening showing Paige as a musical guest on David Letterman - tonight?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3862711;
    Hope you're right. I like her voice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast