+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Lynche Season 9

FORT Fanatic

Re: Michael Lynche Season 9

Mike was absolutely mesmerizing last night. What goes against him is that he sounds like Reuben - and where did that go.....he won...but where is he now...although I do love Reuben.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Isn't Ruben one of the guest performers tonight . . . along with P Diddy and Usher?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Mike is better than Ruben.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3870520;
    Mike is better than Ruben.
    I am not sure i agree with that. Ruben is quite better than mike

I know a lot of people were shocked that Big Mike was voted off (and then subsequently saved)... me? Not so much. First, I thought Simon was right: his version of "Eleanor Rigby" was kinda over the top. It obviously failed to connect with voters.

The other thing that kinda bugs me about this guy is the "Justin Guarini Effect". As the weeks go by, he seems to become more and more fake, for lack of a better word. There's a smarminess there that I find unappealing (same said for JG, but about a million times more.) I like Big Mike a whole lot better when I don't feel like he's mugging. Maybe it's just me.

That said, if he had gone last night and Aaron and Tim "Fingernails on a Chalkboard" Urban had stayed, I would have been PO'd. He's got way too much talent to go out in 9th place.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I could have seen Aaron or Tim last night singing for the judges in hopes of being saved, but not Mike. I was shocked because overall, he has much more vocal control and skill.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

there are enough people posting here that they find something "off "with his personality...too big, too strong, too show-offish. If that is true here, then obviously the same problem is being seen out there. I personally was put off with the picking up of people ( to show his strength?). I commented earlier that he has NO RIGHT to do that to people and AI should have spoken to him about personal boundaries. I also wonder about being a personal trainer with his body shape...He strikes me more as a body guard or bar bouncer.

FORT Fan

I do not like Mike's personality. Also, the elaborate background story with his wife and child was an overdose for me and turned me off completely. However, he is a great vocalist and belongs in the top 2. But he may not get there.

He shouldn't have been voted off, but the save shouldn't have been used either. He has been trending pretty low on DialIdol all season. I just don't think he has the fan base to keep him in it for the long run.

+ Reply to Thread