+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Lynche Season 9

Re: Michael Lynche Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3854667;
    The problem is he just doesn't instill any excitement when he performs. He sings well compared to some of the others this season, but it's all bland and not at all what I would want to see in a winner.
    I agree with this. I see no arrogance at all, but good performance after good performance won't make him my #1 favorite. Especially with someone like Siohban in the competition, who has also had good performances but with a personality to match.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3854419;
    I don't see the arrognace, but at the same time I also didn't see the greatness the judges got out of his last performance. He's just mid pack for me.
    There was a blogger that attended the performance who said that watching the performance live was very different from when he watched it back on TV. He said that may explain why some people don't get what is all the hoopla surrounding the performance.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Last edited by Unklescott; 03-17-2010 at 06:19 AM.

I just gotta say, I still don't get the love for the judges for this guy. He's competant, but he ain't spectacular. Maybe competant is enough to make him stand out for the guys.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

[QUOTE=razorbacker;3856517;]I just gotta say, I still don't get the love for the judges for this guy. He's competant, but he ain't spectacular. QUOTE]

I agree razorbacker. I do not like him and didn't think he did that well last night. I have been ready for him to leave for weeks. And if I hear one more time that his wife had a baby while he was doing Hollywood week, I am going to rip my ear drums out!!!
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I thought he did real well last night. What makes him competent is that he is right on key, where so many others are pitchy and don't have the vocal control Michael has.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Everybody has a back story . . . his just happens to be the birth of his VERY FIRST CHILD. Who doesn't talk about that kinda thing?!

As I said in another post, I am not a Rolling Stones fan. Last night was a looooong two hours for me.

However, it started off (and ended) on a good note. As for the dance moves . . . he's kinda a big guy (maybe Simon hasn't noticed yet) and I didn't expect him to be graceful.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think you really have to be a fan old school R&B or what they used to call Soul Music to like Michael (or specifically that performance) otherwise there is no way he's going to be your cup of tea, except maybe for his personality. I thought he was terrific last night.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

I really like him vocally. But his performances are physically a collection of every R&B cliché in the book. I wish he could throw all that away and just be authentically Michael.

I had to agree with Cowell - the boy can't dance, it's like watching a gorilla lumbering through the rainforest - but his "Miss You" was not bad. I think Mick & Keith wouldn't at all mind the funked-up R&B version.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread