+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Lynche Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Michael Lynche Season 9

I like this guy and I can't believe it! I was ready to send him home after his first performance. He won me over last week. And this week I think he is the only viable artist the men have. He's kind of getting everything right. He's got a great personality and all the judges seem to like it. I think he's great. He isn't the best singer I've ever heard but he's the best performer by far. He probably doesn't have a chance to win. Apparently, there is an anti-R&B crusade. And it seems like you have to be a guitar guy to win this show.

Let me preface this by saying that R & B is one of my all time favorite genres. And, yes, I wanted Ruben over Clay.
    I did think Michael gave a better than average performance last night (although that can be perceived as fairly easy to do with this season's contestants!!) However, I just don't find Michael as connected to his songs as some others have been. That detracts from his performances, IMO. Also, there is something just off putting about him. Lest someone say that I'm reacting to his size, please keep in mind that I loved Ruben. There is just something too rehearsed and unnatural and theatrical about Michael's singing which really turns me off. And, for Simon to call that performance the best of all the "live" performances just didn't seem quite right to me.
    It was good, but it wasn't at all amazing. Again, JMHO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Could not understand the words in the song last night. I am glad I already knew the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3852694;
    Thanks Unklescott, I love that song..always have. I have to say I understood his words better when I listened to it this time.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I was sooo confused by the judges' praise last night -- so much so that I had to rewind and replay his song, just to see if I hadn't been paying enough attention. When Ryan announced Big Mike would be singing This Woman's Work, I cringed b/c I LOVE Kate Bush's version and with Mike, I just "didn't feel it." I like Mike's personality and he strikes me as a great big teddy bear but, where I thought he greatly deserved the judges' praise last week, they had me scratching my head in confusion last night. As they like to say, "I just didn't get it."

And Kara crying?!? Maybe she's pregnant or PMS'ing-- something hormonal-- b/c I couldn't come up with any other reason for her tears.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

I have not been a huge fan, but the "BIG" personality is starting to grate on me. I am surprised he still being alowed to pick people up and hug them since that could be considered assault if the person does not want it to happen. I remember Ellen telling him during the end of Hollywood week show "Don;t pick me up. I have a bad back."...AND HE STILL DID SO. That would have been the time to warn him about personal space. It is just not cute.

Ok, there is just no way he is a real personal trainer, I mean he has more fat on his body than muscle. Come on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3853368;
    I have not been a huge fan, but the "BIG" personality is starting to grate on me. I am surprised he still being alowed to pick people up and hug them since that could be considered assault if the person does not want it to happen. I remember Ellen telling him during the end of Hollywood week show "Don;t pick me up. I have a bad back."...AND HE STILL DID SO. That would have been the time to warn him about personal space. It is just not cute.
    Are you being serious? Is this really a legitimate concern you have or is this something else?
    I like Mike's personality. He seems fun and caring. I always thought having an exciting personality was a good thing, no?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3853870;
    Are you being serious? Is this really a legitimate concern you have or is this something else?
    I like Mike's personality. He seems fun and caring. I always thought having an exciting personality was a good thing, no?
    Yea, of course it is a legitimatge issue. Why would you think otherwise?

+ Reply to Thread