+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Lynche Season 9

Re: Michael Lynche Season 9

Am I the only person that just didn't get this? The over the top praise, the tears, the major tongue bath, for what I thought was a brutal performance.

I'm with you. I don't get it either.

I thought Michael's performance was the best Ive seen, so far of any. I liked Crystal, but this guy really flew into first place for me, after last night.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Didn't think the performance called for tears, but considering who was doing the crying, I am not surprised! Anything for drama, even if it means rubbing up against a man with a girlfriend/fiancee when you yourself are married.

The beginning of the song was iffy for me. That being said, I had never heard the song before and still don't really know who Maxwell is. After the high notes, it was okay and turned out to be one of the better performances of the night.

Thinking it's time for the young ones to go home.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3852517;
    D... Anything for drama, even if it means rubbing up against a man with a girlfriend/fiancee when you yourself are married...
    When is Kara going to acknowledge Ellen's existence? It's like Ellen is Harvey the Invisible Rabbit and she can't see her.

I thought his performance was okay, but I wasn't blown away. I was puzzled by the judges' overblown praise. It didn't feel to me like Michael connected with the lyrics, emotionally. Plus, Kate Bush and Maxwell have sung that song better.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3852521;
    When is Kara going to acknowledge Ellen's existence? It's like Ellen is Harvey the Invisible Rabbit and she can't see her.
    She can't see Ellen because she is seated so far away from her. You can note the chasm (both physical and emotional??) between the two women when there is a long shot on the judge panel. Huge space between E and K, and K and Simon touching shoulders

I also have to agree that the song was very good, but NOT worthy of the gushing it got from the FAB FOUR. That was just major pimping of what may be the last remaining black singer after the results tonight
    Last edited by ibot2much; 03-11-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3852488;
    Am I the only person that just didn't get this? The over the top praise, the tears, the major tongue bath, for what I thought was a brutal performance.
    LOVE the major tongue bath description!

It didn't float my boat either. I didn't think it was brutal - I might even say it was pretty good. But, let me quote Simon, there was no WOW moment in there for me! I never felt swept away by it. It was just good, not great. I'm with Little Sew&Sew, though. I'm not familiar with Maxwell nor that song.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3852488;
    I am so with you. He was okay, but nothing to write home about. I personally don't like him or his cocky attitude JMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3852611;
    I am so with you. He was okay, but nothing to write home about. I personally don't like him or his cocky attitude JMO
    I totally agree, his attitude rubs me the wrong way, I dont see him winning IMHO

+ Reply to Thread