+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Michael Lynche Season 9

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Michael Lynche Season 9

Was it the best of the night? No.

Was it the worst of the night. No again.

It is a tender song that tugs at your heart, so there's points for that.

At least Mike didn't try to bore a hole in my brain by staring at me thru the camera!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3876830;
    Did not like his performance at all. Shows the judges wasted their save last week and are going to be sorry
    I very much disagree. I loved Mike last night and he showed why the judges had to use the save on him or the save concept would have just been a fraud.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am totally WITH you!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When I close my eyes to listen to Big Mike..I hear the likes of Luther Vandross..R & B needs a new voice to fill that void that Luther left. Rueben was "pimped" to be that person but has fallen short of that goal for whatever reason. If those around Big Mike are smart they will prime him for that spot in the genre...that being said, I think Big Mike needs to come to a comfort zone with who he is and what serves him best, I feel that is those "intimate" moments/songs not the jumping around on stage and hamming up the performance. IF he is saved yet again tonight he needs to lay off the "cheese"

I love Big Mike's performance lastnight , this was the first time I have picked up the phone to vote for an Idol in years.....His performances was very moving to me lastnight.....

I'm GLAD the judges used the save on Mike. I thought his performance last night was very sensual.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I don't think I'll ever get Mike or the judges love of him.

FORT Fan

Mike did a great job last night. He is always a great vocalist. Other than the vocals, everything seems to be working against him. :-(

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3877146;
    I don't think I'll ever get Mike or the judges love of him.
    I am with you razorbacker. I just don't like this guy
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I really didn't like Mike at first. He's really the only contestant who knows how to put on a show. It is a good show too! No sliding around on stage or anything. I mean, if you look at the R&B singers out there right now, he'd doing what they do. I don't think the criticism that he is "over the top" or "too theatrical" has any merit. These are the same people who liked Adam Lambert! How is it that Mike is too over the top but not Adam? Get out of here! That just makes no sense.
    I think the whole viewer demographic has morphed. The viewer has become less appreciative of the type of music that Mike sings. He's not more over the top than Adam but he is judged more harshly because he isn't in vogue with the idol viewers. What's interesting is that the contestants on American Idol do not represent the billboard charts well. R&B is far more popular than folk or pop-rock right now. I guess that goes to show that the Idol demographic is out of touch.

+ Reply to Thread