+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Michael Lynche Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Michael Lynche Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3874249;

If he was some normal sized Mr Puniverse and he picked anyone up nothing would be made of it.
    If he was some normall sized guy, he wouldn't be picking people up. ML is doing so because he can...and AI should have told him not to continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3874249;
    I totally agree with this. As far as the look at me theory people are seeing. Well anyone who comes on a show to be an "American Idol" is probably going to scream look at me. Auditioning for AI is all about look at me, I can sing and I am the American Idol. Why else would you be on the show?

I think Big Mike gets a raw deal because of his size and race
    . If he was some normal sized Mr Puniverse and he picked anyone up nothing would be made of it.
    With all due respect, I don't think it has to do with his race. Size could certainly be a factor except that would not, then, account for the fact that Reuben, an extremely overweight and rather large black man, won over Clay Aiken, a much trimmer white man.
    R & B is probably 1 of my absolute favorite genres.
    But, Mike is not 1 of my absolute faves. He does have a good voice - certainly better than many up there who hang on week after week - yet vocals, alone, do not always account for why 1 contestant is kept on over another. Sometimes, it's just who do you feel is ctually singing from their heart to you? Mike just doesn't do that for me. I am glad, though, that he got the save, because he does deserve it more than some who seem destined to be kept in by America.
    Some contestants just come across as more endearing. Reuben did, for me, on his season. I loved his voice and his persona.
    I just wish he and TPTB picked better material for him to record.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3874253;
    Do you not think that Crystal or Siobhan are not thinking also how to make the audience respond to there vocals also? why else has Siobhan been screaming in all of her songs every week. Is it just maybe she figured out it worked for her. Why was it Crystal is using some sort of instrument, guitar or piano. To make the performance memorable. Why is Big Mike not allowed to do the same thing?
    Sure, Mike is "allowed" to do whatever he wants. I'm just saying that artistically he has a tin ear in that regard. In contrast, Crystal is doing a better job incorporating "moments" in her songs.

There are times when an artist goes for that glory note and it gives me goosebumps and I'm emotionally moved. When Mike does it, I feel like it is a automated car horn blaring. The use and execution of a glory note is of course manipulative -- the trick is to actually do it *artistically* enough that it brings pleasure to the listener vs. the listener being aware of the mechanics and start wondering when the honking will end.

I think Siobhan is actually worse than Mike. She doesn't connect her registers and she sings frightfully nasally. It didn't show up so much in earlier pieces but last week it was dreadful. Awful awful awful. She also looks like she'll fall apart emotionally if the judges actually gave her real criticism on her singing. Mark my words.

For those who think picking people up is a new thing it's not! When Ellen told him he'd made Top 24, she said, "Please just don't pick me up!" She was starting to say that she has a bad back when Mike grabbed her and picked her up!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3874440;
    For those who think picking people up is a new thing it's not! When Ellen told him he'd made Top 24, she said, "Please just don't pick me up!" She was starting to say that she has a bad back when Mike grabbed her and picked her up!
    Yup. Besides the fact that I was already sick to the high Heavens about hearing how "poor Mike" missed his daughter's birth (by choice, might I note), that incident went even further in solidifying my "I don't like this guy" opinion. The Ryan thing was just plain psychotic. Then there's the fact that I don't find him to be a very good singer. He is average at his best, and yet the judges tend to drool all over him as if he is Luther Vandross reincarnated. Then there's the pointing at his muscles and the glaring and the hamming it up and the back talking (which I hate from all contestants, FWIW). All adds up to my least favorite contestant.

This is my take on what's happening with Mike's vote counts. I don't think he's sharing the majority of his fanbase with Lee and Casey. The styles are way too different. Now, I like all different styles of music except for rap. I've wanted Idol contestants from the genres of R&B/Pop, R&B, Pop, Rock, and Country to win this show over the years. Usually changes each year for me which genre artist I want to see win. But still, Lee, Mike, and Casey are all so different that I find it hard to believe a bunch of people would like all three.

From my perspective, personally I'd rather listen to someone who is a seemingly nice person but makes my ears bleed, rather than someone who in my eyes constantly acts like a bozo but sings averagely. For example: I would rather stab myself in the eyeball with a fork than willingly listen to Adam Lambert's music outside of AI, but if it had come down to him vs. Gokey in the finals, I was going to vote for Adam. Why? I couldn't stand Gokey's mugging or personality. Same thing here. Siobhan's shrieking has been bordering on making my ears bleed here lately, and my opinion of her singing has gone down the drain. Yet, if I was forced to choose between Siobhan and Mike, I'd go with Siobhan's shriek any day.

It is possible that the Ryan pick up finally ticked enough people off that the voting viewers had enough of him. For some voters, race could be a factor. But as someone else said, perhaps the reality is it's his attitude and/or singing that the majority of people don't like. I didn't care for Ruben as a singer either, but as a person I liked him. Can't say the same for Mike. Ultimately, I wanted Josh Gracin or Kim Locke to win that season, FWIW; loved them!

Anyhow, whenever Mike's voted off, it can't be soon enough for my liking.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3874440;
    I noted that and I think I posted this on this thread a while back. She said "Don't" and he did it anyway and AI did not speak to him about personal boundaries. That really is amazing.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I hope his luck runs out, and is one of the two knocked off this week.

FORT Fan

If Mike can be humble, stop smart-mouthing, keep out of other people's personal space, and stop dancing (lol) he will have a chance at surviving few more weeks. His flippant talk and goofball antics do not make him look like a serious artiste. Also, leave the wife in the apartment. I don't want to be reminded of the whole child birth drama all over again.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Did not like his performance at all. Shows the judges wasted their save last week and are going to be sorry
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread