+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Michael Lynche Season 9

Re: Michael Lynche Season 9

I think it caused problems when he grabbed Ryan.
    Prior to that, it just seemed to be the other AI contestants.
    He may have crossed the line, though, when he grabbed Ryan, or else it just all came to a head.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Didn't he grab Miley Cyrus, too? He'd better not grab Adam next week... might poke himself on something spikey!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3873772;
    Didn't he grab Miley Cyrus, too? He'd better not grab Adam next week... might poke himself on something spikey!
    That is too, too funny to even imagine.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Has anyone seen any polls asking whether they think using the save was a good or a bad idea? I just tried looking (a little) and couldn't find any.

From reading posts on here, it looks like opinions are pretty split whether or not it was a good idea to save Mike. I'm now wondering if that save will help or hurt Mike in the long run. Well, wait, that's a pretty stupid thing to say, considering he's getting at least one more week to be on the show. But will he become more or less popuar? Last year, Matt's fans kept him from being eliminated the week after his save, but the following week he was gone. I'm betting the same thing will happen this season. But did he lose popularity after getting a save? Or gain popularity? If he were to be eliminated next week after all, it sure wouldn't say much for the save.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3874142[B
    ;]Has anyone seen any polls asking whether they think using the save was a good or a bad idea? I just tried looking (a little) and couldn't find any.[/B]
    From reading posts on here, it looks like opinions are pretty split whether or not it was a good idea to save Mike. I'm now wondering if that save will help or hurt Mike in the long run. Well, wait, that's a pretty stupid thing to say, considering he's getting at least one more week to be on the show. But will he become more or less popuar? Last year, Matt's fans kept him from being eliminated the week after his save, but the following week he was gone. I'm betting the same thing will happen this season. But did he lose popularity after getting a save? Or gain popularity? If he were to be eliminated next week after all, it sure wouldn't say much for the save.
    As t the highlighted part. The USA Today Idol Blogs had 52% saying the save was the right decision. So, it was pretty close.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3873737;
    I've been saying that since Hollywood. The overly aggressive physical contact is just wrong. I noticed it and was put off by it early....and it may have taken a while for MANY people to get tired of it
    Absolutely everything about him screams "look at me", from his size, facial expressions, antics (lifting people), right down to his over the top singing. It's all a put off.

FORT Fogey

I just figure everyone on the show is wanting to be looked at and noticed. Mike strikes me as a happy, people-loving person, and, while his picking people up may not be the best way to express it, I see it as his way of being friendly and affectionate and showing his excitement and enthusiasm. Again, not saying it's appropriate, but I don't think he's doing that, or anything else, to be arrogant or disrespectful in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3874233;
    I just figure everyone on the show is wanting to be looked at and noticed. Mike strikes me as a happy, people-loving person, and, while his picking people up may not be the best way to express it, I see it as his way of being friendly and affectionate and showing his excitement and enthusiasm. Again, not saying it's appropriate, but I don't think he's doing that, or anything else, to be arrogant or disrespectful in any way.
    I totally agree with this. As far as the look at me theory people are seeing. Well anyone who comes on a show to be an "American Idol" is probably going to scream look at me. Auditioning for AI is all about look at me, I can sing and I am the American Idol. Why else would you be on the show?

I think Big Mike gets a raw deal because of his size and race. If he was some normal sized Mr Puniverse and he picked anyone up nothing would be made of it.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Regular

I don't think Mike is that talented. What he has going for him is that he does sing in tune with fairly good vocal control. However, there is lack of artistry and he doesn't go beyond rote performances.

One place it shows up for me is in his big "glory note" at the end of "Women's Work" song. Is the note held a long time? Check. Is it in tune? Check. Does it musically really feel right, soar, *add* something to the arrangement and is soulfully sang? NO!! He holds it out forever in such a way that it starts sounding stupid and out of place. He sings it like he just climbed a mountain and needs to yodel for 3 minutes straight. That's not what that song needs musically or emotionally at that spot. Mike has a tin ear in that regard and just goes for some flash... I can almost see him mentally calculating how long to hold it in order to make the viewers at home--who are so easily impressed with cheap vocal tricks--swoon and dial.

For that matter, Siobhan has that same tin ear issue with glory notes.
    Last edited by Annika; 04-10-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Do you not think that Crystal or Siobhan are not thinking also how to make the audience respond to there vocals also? why else has Siobhan been screaming in all of her songs every week. Is it just maybe she figured out it worked for her. Why was it Crystal is using some sort of instrument, guitar or piano. To make the performance memorable. Why is Big Mike not allowed to do the same thing?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread