+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lilly Scott Season 9

Re: Lilly Scott Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3855143;
    Only contestant I might have bought an album from this season. Should have won.
    So in effect, she saved you some money....she had no shot of winning, but she should have lasted long enough to make the tour, no doubt she was booted to early.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Lilly will be on Ellen today.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3855647;
    Lilly will be on Ellen today.
    Thanks for flagging this. I got to tune in just in time.

Just saw Lilly .... I'm a huge Lilly fan, but her song choice for Ellen was just not strategic. I would like her to have sang a song more people knew (she sang Lullaby of Birdland).

I really hope she makes it post-idol. She's unique and good enough to make it, I think/hope.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-16-2010 at 10:24 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3855669;
    Thanks for flagging this. I got to tune in just in time.

Just saw Lilly .... I'm a huge Lilly fan, but her song choice for Ellen was just not strategic. I would like her to have sang a song more people knew (she sang Lullaby of Birdland).

I really hope she makes it post-idol. She's unique and good enough to make it, I think/hope.
    I definitely see what you mean by her song choice not being strategic. I have heard her blame her song choice for her exit on idol. She said Patsy Cline was too old for young people to connect with. So why did she pick a song from the 1950s?
    Also, I think Lilly sounds the same in every song. It is a shame she doesn't take advantage of this platform and show some variety.

FORT Fogey

Just saw Lilly on Ellen - hmm, who does she think her audience is? Let's see, The Beatles, Patsy Cline, Ella Fitzgerald. I don't really see her as the indie artist, except maybe in her look (and her own mind).

At least she was gracious toward AI on Ellen, unlike in interviews I've read.

And maybe I'm the only one, but I wasn't that shocked by her elimination. (and I've definitely seen some shockers in the past, like Alexis Grace).

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3855581;
    So in effect, she saved you some money....she had no shot of winning, but she should have lasted long enough to make the tour, no doubt she was booted to early.
    ...you could look at it that way, yes...

I'll go listen to some Opeth now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345