+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lilly Scott Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Lilly Scott Season 9

I didn't think Lilly's performance was any more "indie" than half of the performances we've seen this season. I didn't think her voice was that exceptional - it was less distintive to me Crystal's, Didi's, or Lacey's (the others I've seen her compared to most on here) - and I didn't like her versions of the songs she sang - they seemed more like watered down versions of the originals sung by a sweet teenager with mediocre vocals than anything original or edgy. The way the voting went, I suspect others felt the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;3853864;
    It just goes to show what a poor song choice it was, I really wasn't feeling her version of Walking After Midnight at all, but I sure didn't expect her to be voted off.
    LOL! You weren't feeling her version of "Walking after Midnight" because she was singing "I Fall to Pieces". That being said, I find Lilly more entertaining than most of the ones that made the top 12. She should have been in the top 12. I like her quirkiness. Her style obviously does not appeal to the mainstream audience because despite being in the pimp spot, she still didn't make the top 12. Just goes to show that America is not ready for an indie artist. Her real fans don't really watch AI let alone get caught voting for this kind of show. They are anti-idol, that they'd rather keep their favorite underground and not become a sell-out or get involve with such utter corniness and cheesefest that is AI.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I don't think Lilly went home due to a lack of fans. I think she went home because too many people are making pity votes. Who thought Lilly needed votes? I think the same is true with the guys too, for the most part. Tim and Aaron must be getting a lot of pity votes. Unless they're getting the teenage girl votes, and Tim and Aaron are just a little more popular with the girls than Alex was - at least for that night.

FORT Fogey

I just read a bunch of her interviews. Sore loserness is normal but she'd just being annoying. She's obviously very upset about it. She said she was shocked and thought she was going to have an easy time getting into the top 12. Honey, you have to work for it. I am really not opposed to contestants saying that they thought they deserved to stay but Lilly and some of the others could object in a less offensive way. She claims she lost because her fans have better things to do than watch idol and I just didn't think that was necessary. I'm just less likely to support her after these comments because I don't like her attitude. She wasn't the only one. Alex also said that "everyone" was shocked that he went home and that "people were saying" that they expected 6 people to go home before he would because they didn't perform as well. Oh, come on! With Lilly, she was talented but we just didn't like her all that much. I understand her frustration. Alex was not good. I don't know who has been telling him these things.

FORT Fogey

During a brief snippet, she appeared to have an attitude of "f-this". Crystal was with her. Both probably think the same about AI, but with a baby, Crystal has bitten the bullet and is working hard at making it work. Lilly didn't have that incentive. She could have belonged, but I think she chose not to. Her song choice was proof in the pudding (i.e. I agree with Simon that while it was genuinely good and entertaining, it wasn't what would work at that stage of the competition).

FYI...my son is a musician and has the same snobbery that lilly may have regarding the show (and popular music in general).

He's young; he'll learn.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-14-2010 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3853873;
    She said she wanted to bring indie to the show and show America how great it is. Well, indie is indie for a reason.
    Well said! I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3854124;
    LOL! You weren't feeling her version of "Walking after Midnight" because she was singing "I Fall to Pieces".
    LOL! Ooops. Guess her performance really was that forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3854339;
    During a brief snippet, she appeared to have an attitude of "f-this". Crystal was with her. Both probably think the same about AI, but with a baby, Crystal has bitten the bullet and is working hard at making it work. Lilly didn't have that incentive. She could have belonged, but I think she chose not to. Her song choice was proof in the pudding (i.e. I agree with Simon that while it was genuinely good and entertaining, it wasn't what would work at that stage of the competition).

FYI...my son is a musician and has the same snobbery that lilly may have regarding the show (and popular music in general).

He's young; he'll learn.
    My oldest is the same way. I think it would be good for him to try out for Idol but he wouldn't dream of it. I think Lilly is hurting herself by coming across so bitter about the voters because by doing so she's dissing her fellow idols. I agree with her and think America often gets it wrong but unless they change the format and limit calls which will never happen, it will continue every season. I love the way DWTS limits calls because I can vote for without killing myself. I also think it's a way for the best singer to actually win.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3854339;

He's young; he'll learn.
    I just read an interview by US Weekly. She definately wanted to try, as she said, "to break the mold" of AI, but I didn't pick up on any unjustified bitterness. What she said is probably very true - her demographic isn't made up of those who watch the show. She'd hoped to break through, but it didn't happen.

I'll bet she gets picked up by a label pretty quickly though.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-14-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Only contestant I might have bought an album from this season. Should have won.

Glad she is gone... 'nuff said.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast