+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lilly Scott Season 9

Re: Lilly Scott Season 9

She was the BEST of the whole lot. WTF ??

She was unique & I will miss her. There were others that should have gone long before her. Biggest shocker of the night.

The fact that she went home and Lacey stayed is proof that the voting public has their heads firmly planted up their respective yatzabehs. Maybe this explains W's two terms.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

In total shock that Lilly was sent home. She has a unique voice and I will miss her
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I wasn't the only one who gasped. The camera pan to the chairs showed looks of shock on the contestants' faces as well. I am now officially kicking myself for not including her in my voting this week.

We lost an artist and retained a young'un with a big voice and no stage presence.

Good Luck, Lily!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I thought Lilly should have stayed over Katie..for sure.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Lilly should have stayed over Katie. I think it came down to song choice. Doing Patsy Cline at that point in the show wasn't a good idea imho. It's too bad, I really liked Lilly.

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest;3853358;
    The fact that she went home and Lacey stayed is proof that the voting public has their heads firmly planted up their respective yatzabehs. Maybe this explains W's two terms.

This is pretty amazing, according to whatnottosing, only 4 contestants have ever been voted off after singing in the pimp spot, and 2 of them were in the finale - Clay Aiken and David Archuletta. The other two contestants went home in 3rd and 4th place - Melinda Doolittle and Anthony Federov. Lilly is only the 5th person to do so and the only one in such an early round of voting.

It just goes to show what a poor song choice it was, I really wasn't feeling her version of Walking After Midnight at all, but I sure didn't expect her to be voted off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;3853864;
    This is pretty amazing, according to whatnottosing, only 4 contestants have ever been voted off after singing in the pimp spot, and 2 of them were in the finale - Clay Aiken and David Archuletta. The other two contestants went home in 3rd and 4th place - Melinda Doolittle and Anthony Federov. Lilly is only the 5th person to do so and the only one in such an early round of voting.

It just goes to show what a poor song choice it was, I really wasn't feeling her version of Walking After Midnight at all, but I sure didn't expect her to be voted off.
    She didn't sing Walking After Midnight. She sang ... that Beatles song. No it was a Sam Cooke song. No... I'm trying to say her performances all blended into one. She didn't leave much of an impact this week. I was actually surprised she performed last with that song choice. I do think Lilly is talented but if you go home this early with the pimp spot, you deserve to go home. It is tough to say because I really loved her week one. She said she wanted to bring indie to the show and show America how great it is. Well, indie is indie for a reason. Underground music is not meant for a mainstream audience. Actually, the audience won't even accept R&B/Soul music anymore (even though it is popular and mainstream in the industry). I don't want to suggest people should conform but they should at least try and be aware of their audience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast