+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

I don't think I can ever get on Lee's bandwagon. Well, he's never really impressed me. Sometimes I start to feel like maybe he deserves all the praise he gets because he is better than Tim and Siobhan and some of the other horrible finalists we've had this season. But then they bring David Cook back on the show and I am reminded that Lee isn't half as good as Cook. He doesn't meet the standard. I still think he's getting by on his looks and his genre.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I would be sitting pretty if I were watching a Lee and Crystal finale.

Everyone seems to think Crystal is a done-deal for the winner's spot, but alot of people said that about last years singer who ultimately finished in second place.

We all know Crystal is destined for as much stardom as she wants, so Lee could get the underdog vote and take the crown.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

See I actually don't get all this Crystal loving....and when you look elsewhere at polls etc...message boards....she is clearly behind Siobhan and Lee and even Casey.

I don't think Crystal will be a star - she is not current - she is not marketable - much the same as Taylor Hicks.

So although we can praise her to the hills - which I don't deny she can sing and she completely feels her music - she is - shall we say - icky - and really where is she going to go from here. The type of music she wants to sing - is not really current...

That is just my opnion - meanwhile - Lee sounds like Dave Mathews - he has that alternate soul/rock thing going - which is all the rage now a days.

He gets better each week and I think people don't like when they want to tell us who the winner will be. I think Lee - like Kris - will surpise us all.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3884127;
    See I actually don't get all this Crystal loving....and when you look elsewhere at polls etc...message boards....she is clearly behind Siobhan and Lee and even Casey.

I don't think Crystal will be a star - she is not current - she is not marketable - much the same as Taylor Hicks.

So although we can praise her to the hills - which I don't deny she can sing and she completely feels her music - she is - shall we say - icky - and really where is she going to go from here. The type of music she wants to sing - is not really current...

That is just my opnion - meanwhile - Lee sounds like Dave Mathews - he has that alternate soul/rock thing going - which is all the rage now a days.

He gets better each week and I think people don't like when they want to tell us who the winner will be. I think Lee - like Kris - will surpise us all.
    That depends on who you ask. In my book, she's not.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fan

Crystal is a truly gifted artiste who makes everything she does look so effortless. She has the chops to meet the music industry's demands be it in the studio or live on stage. Lee's skill is very limited and he barely meets the 90 seconds a week requirement. Ask him to do an one-hour concert and he would probably rupture his vocal chord and lose his voice. Lee does not have the chops to meet the music industry's demands. It is not easy out there. Either one has to be a great vocalist like Crystal or a very good dancer with average-to-good vocals. Lee is neither.

Bottom line: Lee has a fantastic voice with almost no vocal range, and he can only shout or squawk the few notes that he can reach. Also, his timing is off.

Lee's genre might be more current, but so what? Although the producers bill AI as a show to "find the next recording star," that is not the show's purpose. The TV show's true purpose is to maintain as high ratings as possible. The show's ratings went through the roof in the seasons that Ruben and Taylor were winners. The fact that Ruben and Taylor subsequently recorded in less popular genres after the show, does not negate their terrific success at providing entertainment on AI. So Crystal's genre might not sell as many records as Kelly Clarkson's after Crystal wins this season, but Crystal has been a brilliant contributor to the show this year, adding credibility to the lineup. That's what counts.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3884222;
    Bottom line: Lee has a fantastic voice with almost no vocal range...
    Very true. Can you imagine trying to write a coronation song that would fit inside Lee's range? We're in Twinkle Twinkle Little Star territory.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3884268;
    Very true. Can you imagine trying to write a coronation song that would fit inside Lee's range? We're in Twinkle Twinkle Little Star territory.
    All I could say to that is poor Blake Lewis, although I didn't believe he belonged in the top 2 anyway. Lee is a way better singer to me than Blake but I don't think he belongs there either.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3884268;
    Hmmmmmm.. Lee singing "Twinkle Twinkle."
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fanatic

Lee has huge vocal range and he is just only beginning now to show it as he grows more comfortable. Mark my words he will be the biggest star to come out of this season.

+ Reply to Thread