+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Interesting timing n this selection. The lead singer of the Box Tops, Alex Chilton, just passed away within the last week. Lee, did all right, but not spectacular.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3861723;
    Interesting timing n this selection. The lead singer of the Box Tops, Alex Chilton, just passed away within the last week. Lee, did all right, but not spectacular.
    It's an old song, but I liked his presentation. To me, he put more personality into the performance than he usually does. I like Lee's voice, and to me all he needs is more stage presence.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Let me start this off by saying I was a fan of Lee's till he sort of started losing his way, I still like him and love his voice and I'm hoping that he figures things out (basically stops taking the wacky advice of the judges, more so this season than any previous one they are all over the place!).

OK.....J.D. Fortune did The Letter a million times better on Rock Star INXS and that was what prevented me from enjoying it. I listen to J.D.s version at least once a week and have for so long that I can hear every single little nuance in the song and I couldn't help but compare the two and found Lee's to be hugely lacking.

I know it's not fair to compare him to J.D. but this song is such an iconic song for me that the comparison couldn't be helped, if you have never heard J.D.'s version then do yourself a huge favor and go check it out. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

I really do hope he pulls it together and soon.

FORT Fanatic

Love love love Lee - sounds like Dave Mathews looks like Mark Ruffalo....think he will go far. Needs to start picking better songs though.

FORT Fogey

I would not be surprised if Lee was in the Bottom 3 tonight. He doesn't deserve it, but he went first and was just OK. That's a sure formula for being outvoted by others who are afraid their teen idol favorites may be going home.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The "luck of the draw" I suppose . . . if they actually draw to determine the singing order.

Had Lee gone after Paige and Tim (like Aaron did) he would have gotten rave reviews. Unfortunately, he sang in "the death spot". Could it be that the judges have a limited amount of praise to dole out every week and they had to save a little just in case someone else (unexpectedly) did well?

They didn't need much of it last night, but Lee didn't get his fair share.

While it would take the FUN out of the live critic (and take away the chances the audience has to boooooooooo Simon) it might improve the show if the judges had to speak their minds after reviewing performances on video . . . in random order.

That way, one contestant doesn't get roses thrown at his feet just because he followed two contestant who should have had bricks thrown their way.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 03-24-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

I do think there is a method to the order the singers go in. I believe who goes first is usually in no jeopardy of being voted out- they know who is getting the most votes etc. Who goes last - they want them to be voted for and fresh in everyone's memory.

There's something completely ridiculous about a man singing Treat Her Like A Lady when he sounds like he's screaming. Horrendous song choice!
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

+ Reply to Thread