+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Upthread, someone posted Lee's tweet that he wasn't invited to perform, not that he wasn't invited to the show at all. That's what I was commenting on.

I don't think previous year's winners have ever handed the trophy over, not that I recall, anyway.

I still think it was crappy that Lee didn't get a chance to get on stage.
    Oh okay, invited but not to perform. Yeah, especially since some of the "entertainment" wasn't all that entertaining. I'd rather have seen Lee.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Whether anyone thinks he has talent or not, he was voted the American Idol last season and to not allow him to perform in this season's finale was a horrible slap in the face. I don't blame him for not wanting to hand over the trophy or whatever bone they were throwing to him. If it had been me, I probably wouldn't have shown up at all.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Whether anyone thinks he has talent or not, he was voted the American Idol last season and to not allow him to perform in this season's finale was a horrible slap in the face. I don't blame him for not wanting to hand over the trophy or whatever bone they were throwing to him. If it had been me, I probably wouldn't have shown up at all.
    I didnt even realise he wasn't asked to be on.That's sort of mean.Are they trying to forget him? not fair.I was no fan( not at all) but he did win.

This is what Lee tweeted about the incident:

On Thursday 26th May 2011, @LeeDeWyze said:

Hey everyone, first off I want to say congrats to Scotty & Lauren, awesome job. Well done Scotty! Secondly, just for the record... I was not asked to be involved in the Finale. It wasn't until about 2 minutes before they announced that Nigel had approached me and asked if he could "borrow" me for a second. I didnt feel a last second jump on stage was appropriate. It was Scotty's moment. I appreciate American Idol, and the opportunity it has given me. And the people who have made that show possible. I am not angry, or bitter etc. It was an amazing Finale, and I would have loved to be a part of it. I just wasnt asked.Good luck to all the Contestants and stay true to yourself. Thanks everyone for your support, tour coming up... Good times I'll talk to you all soon. Love ya!
    TwitLonger: Hey everyone, first off I want to say congrats to Scotty & Lauren, awesome job. Well done Scotty
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I like how he tells them to be true to themselves. It seems that's what happens to a lot of former contestants and even some winners. They realize what a sham this whole Idol process is and that they are expected to be something they're not, and decide to do it their way and Idol drops them like a hot potato.

Less than 5 out of let's say 120 have had major success, or at least what most people term success. I personally think most "successful" entertainers are trash and I would much rather spend my time and money on a real person with some real talent, not a made up image with synthetic talent.

Anyway....I did read this the other day and just went back to find it. This may be why Nigel is "pretending" to have been considerate to Lee in offering him to come onstage. I say good for Lee in turning him down. Nigel is a turd.

Don't look for Lee DeWyze to perform at Wednesday night's "American Idol" finale results show, because the "Idol" winner from last season wasn't invited.

Though it's often considered a courtesy to bring back the former winner, DeWyze tweeted that he will not be taking the stage as part of the two-hour event.

"Hey guys, no I'm not performing at the Finale," he tweeted. "I wasn't asked to. A lot of questions so I thought I'd fill you in. Talk to you soon."

The singer and season 9 winner seemed to take it in stride, but his brother did not. Michael DeWyze sent out a tweet calling "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe a "scumbag" and later tweeted "@LeeDeWyze while u may be respectful about it i [sic] think its bull s**t."

Michael DeWyze went on to tweet, "People may think I'm being rude its just very obvious when someone is being treated disrespectfully..sorry bout angry tweets. Heat of moment."

FORT Fogey

Although Lee wasn't my first choice last year, I did enjoy several of his performances, and he was one of my early favorites. I thought he did a great job when he performed on Idol a few weeks ago. And I find his humility refreshing in an age where shameless self-promotion and selling anything you can of yourself for exposure seems to be the preferred route to "success." Go, Lee!

Lee was not my favorite, but I do think Idol should have acknowledged him in some way last night. He is the reigning champ and that was just unprofessional on the part of the producers.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well to be honest they had some pretty big name acts and still ran over time. How would have low-key Lee Dewyze fit into the finale? It does seem to be kind of a slap in the face to not even acknowledge last year's champion though. Not even say hello to the guy, instead Ryan stood in front of him almost hoping Lee wouldn't be seen. Hollywood is a rough town folks. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Well to be honest they had some pretty big name acts and still ran over time. How would have low-key Lee Dewyze fit into the finale? It does seem to be kind of a slap in the face to not even acknowledge last year's champion though. Not even say hello to the guy, instead Ryan stood in front of him almost hoping Lee wouldn't be seen. Hollywood is a rough town folks. LOL
    Some of those big name acts were either on toooo long or shouldn't have even been there.
    Beyonce had TWO performances. Why?
    JLo certainly wasted no time to "self-promote".
    And I am sick of alllllll the hype Lady Gagme gets. Once during the season is toooo much, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    Some of those big name acts were either on toooo long or shouldn't have even been there.
    Beyonce had TWO performances. Why?
    JLo certainly wasted no time to "self-promote".
    And I am sick of alllllll the hype Lady Gagme gets. Once during the season is toooo much, IMO.
    I agree on Beyonce, but actually for me (for you for me) once would have been 1 time to many.

JLo is still debating whether to return for next season. It seems as though she only signed for 1 season while everyone else had multiple year contracts. I have to ask, where is she ever going to get the chance to self promote like that agian, if she doesn't return? It jump started her stalled career.

I reckon Gaga had a deal....mentor & perform on the Finale....

+ Reply to Thread