+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Well, I hope Lee saved his money. He seemed like a nice, tho talentless, performer.
    --
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Well, I hope Lee saved his money. He seemed like a nice, tho talentless, performer.
    --
    ---
    I thought he wasn't bad and I do feel sorry for the guy. He seems nice enough. Its not very nice of AI to do that to him.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I didn't notice anybody pushing for him to win last season.
    Neither did I.....

I don't care who you are or how you sing....if you won the damned show the previous year, then you had better be invited back for the finale.
    I don't want to see an endless run of crappy top-40 performers on the finale.
    Keep the nasty Rhiannas and PDiddys and Lady Gagmes off my tv, thankyouverymuch.

Bring back past seasons contestants....keep them in the public eye....

--
    ---

Well, he sounds just like John Mayer on some of his songs, and he can play an instrument. If that's what talentless is, then sign me up....

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I thought he wasn't bad and I do feel sorry for the guy. He seems nice enough. Its not very nice of AI to do that to him.
    I am curious. It really seems to devalue the meaning of winning even further if the producers don't think their own winner is good enough to perform on finale night. I would have been really disappointed if one of my favorite winners had not been on the subsequent year's finale.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    Well, he sounds just like John Mayer on some of his songs, and he can play an instrument. If that's what talentless is, then sign me up....
    Well, it's better that he sound like John Mayer than Lee Dewyze.
    --
    ---

Well, it's better that he sound like John Mayer than Lee Dewyze.
    --
    ---
    Nice one.

I won't pretend I'm a raving Lee fan - he seems like a nice enough guy, but he never blew me away, talent-wise. But, ouch! To not be invited to perform for the finale the next year? What a kick in the ass that is.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Nice one.

I won't pretend I'm a raving Lee fan - he seems like a nice enough guy, but he never blew me away, talent-wise. But, ouch! To not be invited to perform for the finale the next year? What a kick in the ass that is.
    If he wasn't invited then why did Nigel supposedly tweet that he was disappointed that Lee didn't present the trophy to Scotty. And since when did last year's present present anything to the new winner? Have they been doing that and I just don't remember?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

If he wasn't invited then why did Nigel supposedly tweet that he was disappointed that Lee didn't present the trophy to Scotty. And since when did last year's present present anything to the new winner? Have they been doing that and I just don't remember?
    I don't recall that either.

Upthread, someone posted Lee's tweet that he wasn't invited to perform, not that he wasn't invited to the show at all. That's what I was commenting on.

I don't think previous year's winners have ever handed the trophy over, not that I recall, anyway.

I still think it was crappy that Lee didn't get a chance to get on stage.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread