+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;4159491;
    FOX just showed Lee for about 6 seconds on the halftime show for the Green Bay/Chicago playoff game. I have no idea what he was singing, but he looked pretty damn cold.
    I heard him talking on a local radio station about it. He was supposed to sing the national anthem but got moved to half time. He said as long as he could be at the game he didn't care. He is an awfully nice guy and I feel bad about his CD not doing well, but in all honesty, I just don't buy CDs anymore. I agree wit the above poster that this years winner will probably sell less then him. Carrie, Kelly or Chris (and Jennifer, though I tend to put her in the acting category more) still do well. But not everyone who was on AI is guaranteed a hit or hits.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Our local Fox station didn't stick with the halftime show either. Heard them mention Lee's name so I stuck around. Disappointed to say the least. But then, during the Steelers/Jets game, they didn't even bother to mention the halftime show, let alone who might have been performing.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I finally bought Lee's cd last night and listened to it all the way through twice this morning while cleaning the kitchen.
    I had to remind myself a couple of times that it was Lee and not John Mayer....he sounds soooo much like him on a couple songs. Especially track #3 "Its Gotta Be Love".

I really like "Me and my Jealousy" and "Brooklyn Bridge" and "Earth Stood Still", too.
    He wrote/co-wrote all but one song.
    I'm proud of him.

Thanks for that update on Lee. I guess I'll have to listen to those songs. He hasn't been promoted at all, or at least not that I'm aware of.

I have read that he will not be at the finale, nor has he been asked. He is being diplomatic about it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Checked up on Lee and it looks like he won't be performing on the finale of Idol even though he's the current Idol winner. From his twitter:

Hey guys, no I'm not performing at the Finale. I wasn't asked to . A lot of questions so I thought I'd fill you in. Talk to you soon
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Awww, that must be awful - to be the reigning Idol and not be asked to the finale. I liked Lee. I voted for Crystal, but Lee came across as a nice guy. Like I said ^^ I haven't heard him being promoted much. I wonder what his ultimate plans are?

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I have read that he will not be at the finale, nor has he been asked. He is being diplomatic about it.
    We will be spared the out-of-tune croaking of Lee. But it's so weird....the producers/judges pushed so hard for him to win last year. If he was so great for the TV ratings, why hasn't he been invited back to perform? They certainly didn't care last year that he couldn't sing in tune. Why should they care this year?
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    We will be spared the out-of-tune croaking of Lee. But it's so weird....the producers/judges pushed so hard for him to win last year. If he was so great for the TV ratings, why hasn't he been invited back to perform? They certainly didn't care last year that he couldn't sing in tune. Why should they care this year?
    --
    --
    I didn't notice anybody pushing for him to win last season.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Somebody had to win that crap of a season and he was just the unlucky one. Kind of cold of Idol to not have him in the finale but c'est la vie. He was also dropped from performing at the KIIS Idol viewing party. My guess is he's probably being dropped by RCA.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread