+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Bee Stung Lips, thanks for asking and TopCat, thanks for answering..lol. I wondered that myself but never thought to ask when I was logged in.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3923053;
    It was the producer's decision not to do an Original Winner's Song this year. They get ridiculed for it every year. Last year was probably the last straw. No Boundaries was such a stinker that not even Adam Lambert could make it sound good. Kris Allen dropped it from his set on tour after three performances - it was such a show stopper (and not in a good way).

So - they just had the contestants pick from a list of cleared "inspirational" songs.
    Ahh...thanks for clearing that up. The only theme song that ever resonated with me was Fantasia's "I Believe" written by Tamyra Grey. The rest of the theme songs over the years all sucked terribly.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3923309;
    Ahh...thanks for clearing that up. The only theme song that ever resonated with me was Fantasia's "I Believe" written by Tamyra Grey. The rest of the theme songs over the years all sucked terribly.
    I may have been the only person in America that thought Diana did I Believe better than Fantasia, but I still think so.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3923312;
    I may have been the only person in America that thought Diana did I Believe better than Fantasia, but I still think so.
    You are not alone in thinking that .

Lee Dwyze performed the Anthem at the Laker / Celtics game last night.
    He seemed to be more on key. However, he still managed to mangle several words and wore the same outfit that he wore every week, it seems, on AI.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think that's his favorite outfit.

He didn't do terribly, but he did completely lose that note at the end. Poor thing looked so terrified out there among all the players, I'm surprised he held it together as well as he did.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3926384;
    I think that's his favorite outfit.

He didn't do terribly, but he did completely lose that note at the end. Poor thing looked so terrified out there among all the players, I'm surprised he held it together as well as he did.
    Sound like a riot! Can't be bothered to even search out this wonder on Youtube but thanks for the laugh.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Caught Lee on Letterman and he performed Beautiful Day, acoustic version. I thought he sounded really great. I hope it's the version he does for the single. It would make it more distinct from the U2 version.

Quote Originally Posted by neighborhoodie;3928113;
    Caught Lee on Letterman and he performed Beautiful Day, acoustic version. I thought he sounded really great. I hope it's the version he does for the single. It would make it more distinct from the U2 version.
    I agree. Love his acoustic version of this song and very much prefer it to the original, which I have never been a fan of. I'm sure if Lee had been given more time to play around with the song, this is what we would have heard on AI.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread