+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3916894;
    OK, you've got to hear this. Lee performed an acoustic version of Beautiful Day for Access Hollywood and I like it! Why did he record that karaoke U2 version for Idol?

From ‘Idol’ To Access: Lee DeWyze Performs U2’s ‘Beautiful Day’

If he had sung something this creative on Idol I would have voted for him.
    Thank you for posting the link .

That was excellent! I hope he will record an acoustic version of this song, I would buy it in a hearbeat .

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3916576;
    There is another forum out there where most of the posters are pretty young. I just checked it and see that Lee has over 36,000 posts, while Crystal has over 6,000. I don't know their voting practices, and it may be a dozen people posting thousands of times! (very likely). but I do think that Lee has a large younger fanbase. And probably a decent sized "older" one too!

I am a fan of Lee and Crystal but hoped that Lee wins (though I cannot vote since I am not in the US). But I would have been happy if Crystal had won. They are both winners in my books and will buy their albums.
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 05-28-2010 at 02:04 PM.

OK, you've got to hear this. Lee performed an acoustic version of Beautiful Day for Access Hollywood and I like it! Why did he record that karaoke U2 version for Idol?

Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks so much for posting that TCDC. As to the why of the studio version, perhaps he doesn't control that. Also, all that background junk detracts and just swallows him, and that's the fault of those who do what I think is called mixing?

Looking at that video, call me crazy, but there is something about his looks that reminds me of ... gasp ... Elvis?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

That was excellent! Loved the piano, too. Much better than all the hooplah onstage with AI. I wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3917396;
    That was excellent! Loved the piano, too. Much better than all the hooplah onstage with AI. I wish him the best.
    Very, very nice! I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is the version he can do!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I saw someone who looked like Lee the other day at starbucks! He had red hair though. Has anyone noticed that Lee's style is straight from the 90s? I haven't noticed that before now. I'm not much into men's fashion.

Lee grew on me more and more as the season went along but the performance that clinched it for me was "That's Life". I downloaded that one and I watch it on youtube quite a bit.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I was a lot more of a Crystal person, but I agree that "That's Life" was indeed excellent.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm going to plead ignorance here, but can someone tell me why Lee covered "Beautiful Day" as opposed to the usual gag-worthy, specifically written idol winner theme song?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3922190;
    I'm going to plead ignorance here, but can someone tell me why Lee covered "Beautiful Day" as opposed to the usual gag-worthy, specifically written idol winner theme song?
    It was the producer's decision not to do an Original Winner's Song this year. They get ridiculed for it every year. Last year was probably the last straw. No Boundaries was such a stinker that not even Adam Lambert could make it sound good. Kris Allen dropped it from his set on tour after three performances - it was such a show stopper (and not in a good way).

So - they just had the contestants pick from a list of cleared "inspirational" songs.

+ Reply to Thread