+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3901326;
    Bo Bice had some comments on last night's show. For Lee, he generally liked the performance, but added "Lee, donít know if you know it buddy, but you are on one of the biggest shows in history; dress like it."

Gotta concur. Lee looked like he went shopping at Sears.
    I'm sorry, but Bo has a lot of nerve. He didn't dress any better while he was on the show (and I like Bo)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Well, Bo wasn't a flashy dresser, but he was always spiffed up enough to look like he belonged on a stage singing rock in front of 30 million people. Lee, on the other hand, not so much.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I like Lee, he's always been one of my favorites this season, but when he walked out on stage last night, I thought to myself that he looks like he's on his way out to milk the cows!!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3901982;
    I'm sorry, but Bo has a lot of nerve. He didn't dress any better while he was on the show (and I like Bo)
    I agree! If Lee's look said "Sears", then what does this say? Flea market?

All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Well, here's another example of Bo's couture sensibility. There's certainly room for debate about it. However, there's no debate about his talent. Listening to him, you can forget about Lee and Casey. Only Crystal can top him.

YouTube - Bo Bice - American Idol Extra

--
    ----
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-13-2010 at 01:53 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I was wondering last night about the clothing / costumes.
    I definitely feel like Crystal has stretched herself in her quest for sartorial splendor. Same with Casey.
    Lee looks like he's been wearing the same outfit the past 2 weeks, though.
    And, because I am not real impressed with his voice, I do tend to look at his clothes. I don't tend to do that as much with the others, sorry to say.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Wasn't impressed at all with Lee's first song. He was off-key. Not sure if this single performance will affect his standing, but it just might have let Casey edge right around him.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

He always sounds like he's shouting. Do not like at all.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

About wardrobes ... some people have flair and can wear just about anything and look good. Then there are some people who rarely look put together regardless of what they are wearing.

Also ... there are some people who just can't wear some things for whatever reason, but usually it's comfort related.

Maybe it's my TV ... but all things considered, I don't think any of the top 4 is a fashion icon. I think they are all just being themselves.

As for Lee's singing, the abbreviated crud we hear makes it hard to tell, but on that "studio version" Unk posted, Lee sounds great !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3902186;
    Wasn't impressed at all with Lee's first song. He was off-key. Not sure if this single performance will affect his standing, but it just might have let Casey edge right around him.
    Do listen to that studio version. As for Casey, his solo was poor and his guitar not his voice had the edge ...so I hope you are wrong.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread