+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Still not sold on this guy. The duet wasn't "all that" & the solo was typical Lee, sort of off kilter.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I loved the duet, but the first song was just okay for me. I really think he is top 2 material though
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Lee sucked on his first song. He could barely croak out the low notes and he was off-key through much of it. He did better with Crystal--- by leaning on her for vocal guidance during their duet.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Bo Bice had some comments on last night's show. For Lee, he generally liked the performance, but added "Lee, don’t know if you know it buddy, but you are on one of the biggest shows in history; dress like it."

Gotta concur. Lee looked like he went shopping at Sears.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

IMHO, it was the song that sucked. It needs to be taken out of the AI play list.

It even sucks when Seal sings it.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3901326;
    Bo Bice had some comments on last night's show. For Lee, he generally liked the performance, but added "Lee, don’t know if you know it buddy, but you are on one of the biggest shows in history; dress like it."

Gotta concur. Lee looked like he went shopping at Sears.
    Interesting comment by Bo. It's notable that Crystal and Casey have paid attention to their wardrobes, going out of their comfort zones couture-wise. That might reflect Crystal and Casey's performing experience--they know the whole package counts. Lee also might be dressing down in a mistaken attempt to add street cred to his act. He doesn't need cred, he needs vocal chops.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-13-2010 at 07:53 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

After listening to the Siobhan Magnus interview with Michael Slezack where she made a comment about getting a budget to go shopping for clothes, I was puzzled about Lee's choice of outfit on Tuesday night. It looked to me like he's expanding his paint salesman wardrobe rather than investing in stage clothes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3901844;
    ... Lee also might be dressing down in a mistaken attempt to add street cred to his act. He doesn't need cred, he needs vocal chops.
    Very true. Last year Kris was able to pull off a basic (admittedly high-end) T-shirt and jeans look. But then, A.) Kris has the kind of body that wears anything well, and B.) he brought a lot more musically to the table week after week. With Lee I find my mind wandering a lot during his numbers so I start analyzing his wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3901862;
    After listening to the Siobhan Magnus interview with Michael Slezack where she made a comment about getting a budget to go shopping for clothes, I was puzzled about Lee's choice of outfit on Tuesday night. It looked to me like he's expanding his paint salesman wardrobe rather than investing in stage clothes.
    As I recall from last year's interviews, the contestants got $800/week for wardrobe and they had a weekly shopping trip with one of the show's stylists to put something together. They could also go over budget (out of their own pocket) if they wanted to, as Adam often did. Before Adam, the Idol contestant that spent the most on clothes was Taylor Hicks.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 05-13-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3901954;
    As I recall from last year's interviews, the contestants got $800/week for wardrobe and they had a weekly shopping trip with one of the show's stylists to put something together. They could also go over budget (out of their own pocket) if they wanted to, as Adam often did. Before Adam, the Idol contestant that spent the most on clothes was Taylor Hicks.
    That's interesting about Hicks. Taylor, like Crystal, Bo and Casey, had been performing in his own duds for years in small venues before AI. Having a clothing budget supplied to them must have blown their minds.
    ==

+ Reply to Thread