+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3887443;
    Lee has huge vocal range and he is just only beginning now to show it as he grows more comfortable. Mark my words he will be the biggest star to come out of this season.
    That is what is so compelling about this show on the whole. Everybody has opinions, likes, dislikes, & downright hates. My opinion is, that despite the judges constant derisive attacks, Siobhan will be the biggest. Maybe not the biggest record seller, but the biggest star.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

All my votes went to Lee last night. And I'm thinking I had plenty of company while doing so. Lots of busy signals and the annoying all circuits are busy message.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3884222;
    Bottom line: Lee has a fantastic voice with almost no vocal range, and he can only shout or squawk the few notes that he can reach. Also, his timing is off.

--
    I like Lee, but I totally agree with you.....and last night proved it. I was so disappointed in his performance. He just doesn't have any vocal range. I'm glad he's feeling more confident now. You can tell he's enjoying his performances. I just can't picture him winning, or even being in the top 3 anymore, though.

I normally enjoy a voice like his, but I find that his voice gets overly pitchy far too often for me. And, I just tend to forget him and the song he sang when he leaves the stage.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3888660;
    I normally enjoy a voice like his, but I find that his voice gets overly pitchy far too often for me. And, I just tend to forget him and the song he sang when he leaves the stage.
    Have to agree with you. There's something about Lee's voice that I really liked from the beginning, and something that still appeals to me, but he has had pitch problems all along, and they're not improving. I like his arrangement last night, but didn't like it when he went into "scrowling" mode (scream-growling). I've liked the graveliness of his voice until last night, but he was pushing way too hard. Also, I did not care for his arrangement of "The Boxer" last week. The simplicity of the original melody is key to empasizing the mood of the song and the lyrics, and all of that was lost.

Was going to post a brief comment and got carried away....

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Loved him last night. I just hope that his fans didn't assume he was safe.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Lee, for me, just keeps getting better and better! He stole the show last night~again. I too hope his fans aren't assuming anything and voted like mad men to ensure he stays in the competition.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

This Lee fan assumes nothing. Had more "all circuits are busy" last night than any other night so far.

While he will never be the kind of guy who tries to sell you snake oil, oceanfront property or a bridge, he is a worth-while entertainer and should be commended as such, instead of being chided for lack of an outgoing personality.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread