+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lacey Brown Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Lacey Brown Season 9

Just saw Lacey on Letterman. Some of what she said rubbed me the wrong way - said she didn't start singing till she was 14, unlike some contestants who are singing when they come out of the womb, so she didn't have the experience they have. Something else, too, that was a little off. I guess she was trying to be funny, maybe (?), but it didn't come across too well - sounded more like sour grapes. Maybe it's just my mood. And she sang one we heard her do on Idol. I think she's pretty limited. Very cute, though.

Here's the video of her Letterman performance. IMO she didn't sound bitter at all and her attitude seemed fine. She performed Louis Armstrong's Wonderful world.

Lacey Brown Letterman's Appearance

Here is a video of her appearance on Fox's Good Day New York.

Lacey Brown Talks About Future

Lacey Brown Talks About Future
    American Idol Former Contestant

Updated: Monday, 22 Mar 2010, 10:55 AM EDT
    Published : Monday, 22 Mar 2010, 9:22 AM EDT

MYFOXNY.COM - Lacey Brown, 24, was the first contestant among the top 12 to be voted off American Idol.

On Monday, Brown stopped by Good Day NY to talk about her plans for the future.

"It's really non-stop afterwards. I've come out to New York City. I've never been here before," Brown said.

Does it really feel like a new beginning?

"It's been a long ride but I don't think it's the end at all," Brown told Good Day NY's Julie Chang.

Any agents calling?

"Not yet. It's only been a couple of days (laughs)"

As far as who Brown thinks will win this season, she says any of the contestants can.

Brown who is from Amarillo, Texas is also the daughter of a pastor.

Julie asked her how religious faith played into her time on American Idol.

"It helps me stay centered. It helps me with my nerves. I believe in taking control of your life. I don't believe things just happen."

Brown adds that she is headed towards more a pop, folk music career.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 03-23-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3860712;
    Just saw Lacey on Letterman. Some of what she said rubbed me the wrong way - said she didn't start singing till she was 14, unlike some contestants who are singing when they come out of the womb, so she didn't have the experience they have. Something else, too, that was a little off. I guess she was trying to be funny, maybe (?), but it didn't come across too well - sounded more like sour grapes. Maybe it's just my mood. And she sang one we heard her do on Idol. I think she's pretty limited. Very cute, though.
    I thought she hit the spot. I like to see it as a jibe at the cliche where a contestant started singing before they can talk.

She was on Wendy William's show last night. (Hey there's nothing on TV Tuesdays at 10 & I can not tolerate Matchmaker)

She sang What A Wonderful World. Wendy had this look on her face like she had to think of something nice & positive so say but the look on her face...PRICELESS! Lacey Brown was butchering a a CLASSIC!!!
    Louis Armstrong had to of been rolling in his grave. There are just some songs that need to be left uncoverable & this is one of those songs.

FORT Fan

I thought Lacey was quick and funny on the Letterman show. But her singing was not good. There are so many good singers across the country who could have used a spot on the Letterman show. Lacey wasted a golden opportunity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234