+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Muņoz Season 9

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Joe Muņoz Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3841028;
    I think you hit the nail on the head, TopCat. There is no way that Tim should have stayed over Joe...
    Ain't that the truth Joe had some talent, and was easy to listen to. I can't say that for a few of the others. I was totally bored, the night before when they sang.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3841018;
    So no one was willing to call in for the cute Hispanic boy with the good voice and easy stage presence? They were too busy dialing for Tim and Alex?

Actually this was probably the problem. People who liked Joe thought he did well enough to be safe, while Alex and Tim were clearly in danger.
    I voted for him. I figured he was a goner though. He may be out of the competition but it is through no fault of his own.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Damn! my DialIdol software wasn't working (i've changed from ATT to Comcast VoIP). For some reason I thought he will be in the bottom because he didn't get much exposure at all. I would have liked to hear more of Joe. He definitely can sing and thanks to VFTW, he got eliminated. He should have sang a bigger song like the one that got him there in the first place (Man in the Mirror). There were worse singers that stayed...especially that dreadful Tim Urban. I thought for sure he was gone and either John or Jermaine.

FORT Fogey

Joe should still be in the competition. He sang well and would have only improved from there. His lack of exposure combined with the fact that he didn't stand out (because he wasn't either HORRIBLE or at the very end of the show) last night did him in.

BUT...he left on a high note! He was able to leave with his dignity intact, having delivered a good performance, and displaying humility and a great attitude upon departing.

I knew he was cannon fodder and wasn't surprised to see him the first to go. I wasn't too into his performance either--I thought it was kind of boring and I had trouble understanding the words.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3841018;
    So no one was willing to call in for the cute Hispanic boy with the good voice and easy stage presence? They were too busy dialing for Tim and Alex?

Actually this was probably the problem. People who liked Joe thought he did well enough to be safe, while Alex and Tim were clearly in danger.
    I only voted for Joe and Casey. If I knew Joe would be in danger, I would have thrown Casey's votes to Joe. Joe didn't have a chance of winning, but he sure didn't deserve to leave yet. In fact, he probably should have made the top 12, anyway. From what I heard Wednesday, he has one of the best voices of the guys.

Alex probably has some female fans. I've read that Tim is VFTW's choice. I know they don't have the power they used to, but at this stage of the game, when there are so many contestants to split the votes with, I think they do have some sway. How sad that Joe got hurt by them.

FORT Fogey

Just downloaded Joe's "You and I Both" from itunes - it's fantastic.

I know it has been a couple of weeks since his departure, but listening to this and looking at some of those remaining, that boy was robbed!

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I wish Joe were still there. He should be! Maybe he will get a break some other way. Other Idol contenders, who got bumped early, got just enough exposure to be heard by the right people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12