+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haeley Vaughn Season 9

Re: Haeley Vaughn Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3843050;
    I seriously doubt that the votes Haeley received were from her FANS. You could say the same for a certain male contestant. His song was awful and he should have said he was sorry, but it's too late to apologize now.

There is that website that encourages you to keep the worst contestant on the show.
    I seriously doubt that the insignificant website that you are referring to had any significant bearing on the results. She is definitely not my cup of tea but her making it past this round shows that the judges knew what they were doing when they put her in the top 24. They knew she would appeal to a certain audience that would vote for her like crazy. Tim has the underdog thing going for him which caused a lot of people to vote for him.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I seriously doubt that the votes Haeley received were from her FANS. You could say the same for a certain male contestant. His song was awful and he should have said he was sorry, but it's too late to apologize now.

There is that website that encourages you to keep the worst contestant on the show.
    It is better to be bad than to be boring. Haeley has been annoying me for a while now. I think it is clear that her horrible performances are attracting voters. But I don't think those voters make a huge difference. They would tell you otherwise though.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

FORT Fogey

it's so weird. i like her a lot. you can't stop but smile when she sing, even though she just sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3843185;
    it's so weird. i like her a lot. you can't stop but smile when she sing, even though she just sucks
    Sort of a young, black, female Tiny Tim. All she needs is the Ukulele

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3843357;
    Sort of a young, black, female Tiny Tim. All she needs is the Ukulele
    OMG...water out the nose
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

How much more of this will we be subjected to?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Ooo - I liked your subtle hints about that certain male contestant!

And I do believe that website you are referring to does have some pull early on in the competition. There are a lot of people to split the votes between, and I also think voting isn't as fierce at this stage. So at this point, I believe they do have significance. Hopefully it's not enough to take their choices to the top 12.

Ok, this girl really really NEEDS to go. She sucked big time last night. I cannot get past her lisp and that huge freaking smile.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3847509;
    I cannot get past her lisp and that huge freaking smile.

Too funny.
    Kara's comment last night was that Haeley needs some more seasoning.
    Unfortunately, the judges probably figured that out too late. They should have given her that critique BEFORE they put her in the Top 24.
    They probably should have told her to practice more and please come back next year.
    Really, most 16 year olds could use a few more years of tuning up their instrument.
    Haeley is just not ready for this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3847560;

Too funny.
    Kara's comment last night was that Haeley needs some more seasoning.
    Unfortunately, the judges probably figured that out too late. They should have given her that critique BEFORE they put her in the Top 24.
    They probably should have told her to practice more and please come back next year.
    Really, most 16 year olds could use a few more years of tuning up their instrument.
    Haeley is just not ready for this yet.
    and add to that, they sent home that sweet mom after Kara sat on her. She should have been in the top 24 instead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast