+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haeley Vaughn Season 9

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Haeley Vaughn Season 9

She didn't even have the good manners to look surprised (like Tim Urban did) when she was told she was safe.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3838737;
    Hate to say it, but her singing of the Beatles' song reminded me of when Kristy Lee Cook slaughtered the Beatles a few years ago. I appreciate thinking outside the box. THis, however, was just plain awful.
    Oh, I disagree. Haeley certainly wasn't the best of the night, but Kristy Lee's take on "Eight Days A Week" (that was what she sang, wasn't it?) was atrocious. Haeley's version of "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" was (IMHO) at least interesting, and she stayed close enough to the original melody that you could tell which song it was...

FORT Fogey

She's terrible. "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" was not music to ANYONE's ears, and she had a bad night during Hollywood rounds as well. The judges really liked her "image" and hoped she would do better and live up to what they thought was her potential, but she's downright irritating. They liked her because her singing country was different and they thought they might discover the next big thing, but she didn't even do country (and if she had, they might have criticized for not being able to step outside the box, as they did poor Tyler Grady, whom they lavished praise on for his 70's persona, only to rip him to shreds for daring not to strip it off this week!), so what are we left with? A 16-year-old bubbly screamer. I heard better at the local high school's annual musical last night. AI, don't try to shove a gimmick down my throat - give me some talent!

(Sorry, not usually this negative - must've gotten up on the wrong side of the bed!)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3841605;
    She's terrible. "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" was not music to ANYONE's ears...
    Well, some of us liked her. Though I admit she hit bum notes and I totally understand how people might be completely turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3841691;
    Well, some of us liked her. Though I admit she hit bum notes and I totally understand how people might be completely turned off.
    While I wasn't blown away, but I didn't think she was horrible.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 02-27-2010 at 02:21 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I felt like somebody was repeatedly punching me in the head when she was singing. The result was the same anyway, a pounding headache.

I can't believe she is still here after her last performance.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Thank God for DVRs. I was able to FF through the last half of her performance. It was excruciating for me.

I cannot believe this girl got the votes to keep her in. She is horrible and I hope she goes soon
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I seriously doubt that the votes Haeley received were from her FANS. You could say the same for a certain male contestant. His song was awful and he should have said he was sorry, but it's too late to apologize now.

There is that website that encourages you to keep the worst contestant on the show.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 03-01-2010 at 12:01 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast