+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haeley Vaughn Season 9

Re: Haeley Vaughn Season 9

I think taking a song and rearranging it in a unique, inventive, original way is great; especially if it does the song justice.
    With all due respect, I just didn't see her doing that with this song.
    For me, it was just plain awful.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3839096;
    Yeah, there was some over-singing and some squeaker notes, but what I liked about it is that Haeley took that oh-so-familiar bubble-gum ditty and gave it a completely different spin. I gotta give her props for that. Either she is an inventive arranger (shades of Kris Allen) or she has great taste and knows what works for her (shades of Adam Lambert). None of the other girls brought an ounce of originality. In that light I thought it was criminal that the judges didn't praise her for taking a chance; instead focusing her presence and over smiling. All their comments and criticisms were justified, but come on - some one just did something completely creative!

All this contributes to the criticism (over the past two years) that the guys will get props from the judges for being innovative, but never the girls.

I gasped in horror as I read the bolded above!!! Just kidding. But TCDC, you're so positive and do always find the best way to spin even the worst of performances!

Please don't hold my hands, Haeley.

This is the version that Haley sang from "Across the Universe"....kinda country dont you think?

Across The Universe I Want To Hold Your Hand - VidoEmo - Emotional Video Unity

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3839096;
    Yeah, there was some over-singing and some squeaker notes, but what I liked about it is that Haeley took that oh-so-familiar bubble-gum ditty and gave it a completely different spin. I gotta give her props for that. Either she is an inventive arranger (shades of Kris Allen) or she has great taste and knows what works for her (shades of Adam Lambert). None of the other girls brought an ounce of originality. In that light I thought it was criminal that the judges didn't praise her for taking a chance; instead focusing her presence and over smiling. All their comments and criticisms were justified, but come on - some one just did something completely creative!

All this contributes to the criticism (over the past two years) that the guys will get props from the judges for being innovative, but never the girls.
    As to the highlight, that certainly didn't come to fruition last night.

I'll just say once agian....Haeley stunk it up, innovative or not...all of course IMO!
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-25-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: to fix quote tag

FORT Newbie

I loved her performance

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3839121;
    This is the version that Haley sang from "Across the Universe"....kinda country dont you think?

Across The Universe I Want To Hold Your Hand - VidoEmo - Emotional Video Unity
    The difference for me is that this girl can sing. IMO, Haeley cannot.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

How did this girl make it, in to the top 24? I had to change the channel until the song was over.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

I know her voice isn't perfect, but I really like this girl. She's probably my favorite contestant this season. She reminds me a bit of Taylor Swift and will probably capture (and hold) that audience. There is a huge market for artists like Haeley and I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it far in the competition.
    Praise seitan!

I saw clips of her singing during Hollywood week and thought she wasn't very good then. Top 24, she was awful!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast