+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haeley Vaughn Season 9

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Haeley Vaughn Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3838382;
    I must say I disagree with the above two. This was just God awful. If she doesn't go home this week, it won't be long.
    I'm with you on this. Probably worst of the night for me, with Lacey at 2nd worst.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3838382;
    I must say I disagree with the above two. This was just God awful. If she doesn't go home this week, it won't be long.
    I have to agree, but I'm biased b/c I don't like her anyway.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

She is the "vote for the worst" website pick. That will help her stay in. Sigh...

Hate to say it, but her singing of the Beatles' song reminded me of when Kristy Lee Cook slaughtered the Beatles a few years ago. I appreciate thinking outside the box. THis, however, was just plain awful.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

One of those performances where it wasn't enough just to MUTE the sound, you had to change the channel just in case she somehow managed to break through.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by dianalo;3838717;
    She is the "vote for the worst" website pick. That will help her stay in. Sigh...

I thought you're not suppose to say that on any threads except where it is allowed. Anyhow...I thought she would be their pick so I was right. I do find her interesting but Angela should have taken her spot. Judges for some reason couldn't wait to give Haley another year so she can control/tone down that high flat note which is verging on screaming. I already noticed it during Hollywood. It was definitely painful in the ears and the judges knew this. She did it again last night. She's unique and they were banking on her potential. I think she will occupy a spot at the expense of a more deserving contestant just like Sanjaya stole it from Sundance Head, Haley Scarnato stole it from Sabrina Sloan, Kevin Covais stole it from Gideon McKinney, or Michael Sarver stole it from Ricky Braddy.

She was awful, the arrangement, the singing all over the place, the outfit, the bizarre smile. She was however memorable in a night of really boring duds she is the one everyone is talking about. She will be this years Sanjaya.

Please send her home.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, there was some over-singing and some squeaker notes, but what I liked about it is that Haeley took that oh-so-familiar bubble-gum ditty and gave it a completely different spin. I gotta give her props for that. Either she is an inventive arranger (shades of Kris Allen) or she has great taste and knows what works for her (shades of Adam Lambert). None of the other girls brought an ounce of originality. In that light I thought it was criminal that the judges didn't praise her for taking a chance; instead focusing her presence and over smiling. All their comments and criticisms were justified, but come on - some one just did something completely creative!

All this contributes to the criticism (over the past two years) that the guys will get props from the judges for being innovative, but never the girls.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 02-24-2010 at 08:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast