+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Didi Benami Season 9

Re: Didi Benami Season 9

Loved it and love her voice. Unlike Katie and Katelynn, who sound like every other singer on the block (for me anyway) this girl brings something different to the table.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

For me, every song she sings sounds exactly the same - same phrasing, same riffs, etc.
    I don't like what she did to Stevie Nicks' song at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3852016;
    For me, every song she sings sounds exactly the same - same phrasing, same riffs, etc.
    I don't like what she did to Stevie Nicks' song at all.
    EXACTLY.

I was kinda being a fan of hers in the beginning....but then every time she sings, its the same song, just different words. I honestly have not heard her change any melody EVER, and it has gotten old.

And I hated what she did to Stevie Nicks....just ruined that song.

FORT Fogey

She was obviously the producer favorite early on. With the amount of airtime she had and the sob story, there was no way she could fail to be in the top 12. Even though she has been so privileged, she nearly blew it. I don't know if there are too many people left who care about her. With Lilly and Katelyn gone now, I bet she picks up most of their votes. I hope I am wrong.

I like Didi and hope she lasts a long time. I know Crystal is tco but she doesn't do much for me. The only other one I like is Siobhan.

I loved her performance of Rhiannon. After her stunning Hollywood Week performance of Terrified (YouTube - American Idol 2010: Didi Benami - "Terrified"), I was beginning to lose hope once the show got into the semifinal stage, with her two not-so-great performances. But Rhiannon was a great song choice for her, and I'm glad she made the Top12 with it.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856489;
    Thanks for digging up all these links, Unk. Didi's performance was the best of the night for me.

Count me as one who is voting for Didi now that Katelyn is gone. She has a lovely voice, which to me isn't as reminicent of Brooke White or Meghan Joy (couldn't stand either one of those two) as it is to everyone else. I hope she can pull it together and get ahead of Siobhan (who I really can't stand) and Crystal (who's voice I like a lot but I think she acts sort of entitled).

Here's hoping anyway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast