+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Didi Benami Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Didi Benami Season 9

I think it was contrived and annoying. I hope she can do better in the future. I have a feeling she will be around for a while. I couldn't stand it if she continued on this way.

What is this weird thing all these female singers are doing with their voices now? Megan did it last year and now this year there's 3 of them: this girl, the red-headed chick and the white-haired chick are all doing it. Is this the newest trend?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;3841968;
    What is this weird thing all these female singers are doing with their voices now? Megan did it last year and now this year there's 3 of them: this girl, the red-headed chick and the white-haired chick are all doing it. Is this the newest trend?
    Seems unnatural, right? I think Lacey's is more Jazzy and Lilly's seems more natural. I think Didi should just drop it until she can perfect it. The execution of the weird voice is subpar.

Yes, we were noticing that too. They must all be imitating someone, but who are they imitating? Is it someone from the 1940s or 50s? Rosemary Clooney? Someone around here must know!

It's just her style. I like to see more of her. Stay please.

Personally I love her voice and thought she did a nice job last night. And KARA, she can go home anytime.... I say bring back Paula!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Didi has a great voice, very unique and pleasant but her song choices are horrible. Time to step it up or she might be exiting next week.

Caw! Caw!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

She won me over with her Hollywood Week performance, and I'm really hoping she can have a performance like that on the Idol stage soon.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I agree with Crossing Guard, I loved her during Hollywood week, but now she's just not cutting it. I was willing to give her a pass last week, but I didn't think Michelle should have gone. Should have been Lacey, as cute as she is. I think Didi better pull it together tonight, or she might be toast tomorrow, I'm very sad to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast