+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

FORT Fan

Re: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

Let's hope she drops the Harmonica in her next performance.

I really like her, and just love her voice. There's something about her that's really infectious, and I wonder if it's not how she relates to her music. There's a purity to her voice and her singing. I can't describe it. She reminds me of a very current version of Mary from Peter, Paul, and Mary (for all you old folks out there!).

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3840233;

When Taylor Hicks played it, it bugged the heck out of me. With Crystal, not so much.

Still am loving her and hope she stays around for a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3840233;
    word. If you're going to play a harmonica on a singing competition, you ought to really know how to wail with a harmonica. I get that it's tough to really go off all Blues Travelers-style with it attached to you like that, but regardless, it still was just frankly pretty underwhelming, which in turn made it feel gimmicky.

FORT Fan

I thought her Harmonica playing was fine this week. It's just if she does it too often, it looks too gimmicky. That's not what i want from Crystal.

FORT Fan

I wonder what Crystal will be playing tonight?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3844898;
    I wonder what Crystal will be playing tonight?
    Apparently, nothing! US Weekly is reporting that Crystal was struck with complications from diabetes, and as a result FOX has made the decision to pull the guys in tonight and do the girls tomorrow. (FOX has already announced this on their web site and in a press release.) A "source" tells US that "Crystal is doing OK and should be fine for tomorrow."

Many times contestants have gone on sick (notably Bo Bice and Megan Joy), but I believe that this is the first time that the schedule has been altered to accommodate a contestant.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3845505;
    Apparently, nothing! US Weekly is reporting that Crystal was struck with complications from diabetes, and as a result FOX has made the decision to pull the guys in tonight and do the girls tomorrow. (FOX has already announced this on their web site and in a press release.) A "source" tells US that "Crystal is doing OK and should be fine for tomorrow."

Many times contestants have gone on sick (notably Bo Bice and Megan Joy), but I believe that this is the first time that the schedule has been altered to accommodate a contestant.
    Wow!
    Thanks for posting that TopCat.
    I won't have to suffer through the show tonight.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3845505;

they must really like her, they made everyone else perform sick and on meds. I remember George Huff losing his voice!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3845533;
    they must really like her, they made everyone else perform sick and on meds. I remember George Huff losing his voice!
    Well, diabetes is life threatening. No need for someone to drop dead just so the show can go on. And since they are still in girl / boy semifinals the switch is an easy fix. That is not possible once they go to finals without skewing the competition for everyone. So, I think taking it on a case by case basis makes sense, in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread