+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

Re: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3852794;
    I love Crystal and she's the only reason I watch the girls' night. I inwardly groaned when I saw a headline that Simon had called her the one to beat b/c that always screws that person over but I'm hoping she'll continue to prove she deserves it as the weeks go on. Whether she wins or not, as someone mentioned earlier, I'm sure she'll have recording contracts thrown at her. She may not be mainstream, but she'd definitely have her fans--Alannis made herself a big name with the same music-- and I would definitely buy her album. I look forward to how she handles the future theme nights.

Another thing I really like about her is that she hasn't drawn attention to her hospitalization. Others have used their illnesses (usu. the flu) as excuses (Kelly Pickler and Katherine McPhee and tons during Hollywood week come to mind) but Crystal focuses on her music and hasn't mentioned once about her being sick. Good for her!

I like her just the way she is, spaced teeth and all, and don't know how I feel about her getting a makeover. Just look at Katherine McPhee now--bleach blonde and she looks icky! I have faith Crystal will stay true to herself.
    If she got rid of the dreads and got her teeth fixed I wouldn't call that not being true to herself. Getting her teeth fixed will probably be something she would do if she could afford it. She might also someday just get tired of the dreads.

I honestly have no memory of what you're referring in to the part that I put in bold. I don't recall any of those two making excuses for anything on the show. I think Kat looks better as a brunette but I certainly wouldn't call what she looks like now icky, but that's just a matter of taste.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Diabetes is a difficult disease, but can be controlled, better today than 10 years ago. But stress certainly can cause it to go haywire. What happened last week could simply have been her blood sugar going way too high or low, and she needed some tweaking. Hopefully, she has a good handle on how to control it, and hopefully has an insulin pump - makes it a lot easier to keep your sugars in control. Elliot Yamin did fine thru his season.

I think in general, Crystal's image may hurt her some. I like her (she is my second fav), but do think she needs to "clean up" just a bit. I am not saying change her look, but just spruce up a bit. I think this will make her become more favorable to the general viewing public. JMHO.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

sdl

I like Crystal, maybe my favorite on the show so far, but gawd does she look awful. Pale, emotionless, weak, and sickly.
    Either her health is really horrible, or she's a vampire, or she is taking too much Xanax before going on stage.
    She doesn't even clap at a normal pace. I'm worried about her.

FORT Fogey

I just had to sign in to comment on Chrystal. Do we know for a fact she has type 1 diabetes? I am a mother of a son diagnose at age 10 and he is now 19 with type 1 diabetes. There are two types one is juvenille diabetes and then type 2 is adult onset. Type 1 is severe and life threatening if not controlled with insulin......type 2 is adult onset caused by lifestyle (diet and excersise, usually no isulin). Type 1 diabetics is a ugly disease.....they can live normal lives but controlling blood sugar levels is a huge hassle. Any flu or cold can effect her because of her diabetes. Any illness can effect them, it is an auto immune disease and most the education during diagnoses is to handle sick days....plus there are alot of type 1 diabetics that don't take control of their blood sugars or have the means to get the latest technology like a insulin pump.....it is an expensive disease if there is no insurance. ($300 to $500 a month without insurance) So who knows her situation.....it could be anything and if she doesn't or hasn't kept her sugars in tow it is a mountain to climb. I wish her the best and hopefully she gets it controlled.

I'm guessing that after the scare last week, they are keeping a close eye on her and providing whatever assistance she needs. Her performances this week and last sure don't indicate that she's a weakling. What a joy she is to have in the competition! I'm so sorry I like you so much Crystal, because my support is the kiss of death. My favorite has never won this contest. So you will probably lose to Aaron.
    Count your blessings!

She doesn't ever seem to exhude any joy. Instead of making the Top 12 last night from the look on her face you'd think she'd just been called in for a tax audit. Crystal, I like you a lot girl, but your trying to fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a music star, please show me that you are enjoying yourself.

FORT Fan

I don't think she is enjoying it. More likely, Crystal is treating this as another professional gig. She's probably more concerned and serious with her road ahead.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I thought she looked pale, tired, stressed and ill last night... like it was taking a lot of effort just to be there. She was even walking gingerly (so it looked to me). And after the group number, they made sure that she got to sit down right away. I really think she is not well and just trying to hold it together.
    I think that regardless of what place she finishes in, she will have some sort of deal come out of this, but I would like her to stick around as long as possible... just because I enjoy listening to her each week.
    Please get better soon Crystal!

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4health;3853255;
    I just had to sign in to comment on Chrystal. Do we know for a fact she has type 1 diabetes?
    Yes, it's been mentioned before that she has Type 1 Diabetes, and you can Google her and find the same info.

I think she wasn't feeling well last night. She seemed like she was trying to smile and be happy for everyone who got through, but she just looked so very tired and drained. On other nights she has been much more upbeat and animated.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3852911;
    I think in general, Crystal's image may hurt her some. I like her (she is my second fav), but do think she needs to "clean up" just a bit. I am not saying change her look, but just spruce up a bit. I think this will make her become more favorable to the general viewing public. JMHO.
    Word. I'm all for originality and individuality, but I don't think anyone's going to think she's sold out if she were to reach for a toothbrush or a bar of soap. Bounds of reason, you know?

+ Reply to Thread