+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3852161;
    I agree. I think she looks a little like Meryl Streep.
    I was thinking Laura Linney, but yeah, I can see the Meryl resemblance too.

And because he is my all-time favorite Idol contestant ever, I feel I just have to correct the spelling of his last name in fan*addict's post. It's YAMIN
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3852102;
    I agree. I like her...sitting on her amp, stained teeth, dirty hair, and all.
    I thought she was missing teeth..not just stained. The two eye teeth aren't there???or is it my eyesight

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3852498;
    I thought she was missing teeth..not just stained. The two eye teeth aren't there???or is it my eyesight
    It's both - she's missing a few teeth, or they're spaced out, and they're not very white. But I think they look a lot better than they had. I'll bet her teeth are why she doesn't smile much, which might make people think she's not pleasant, or is arrogant.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I did a little digging, just to get an idea how Type 1 Diabetes, which I think is what Crystal has, affects celebrities, including singers.

Did you know that Elliot Yamin has Type 1 Diabetes? And Nick Jonas? Also Halle Berry, Sharon Stone, Bret Michaels, Vanessa Williams, Jean Smart, Mary Tyler Moore, and a lot more.

It seems that while Type 1 Diabetes is more difficult to control than Type 2, it's certainly do-able. Perhaps this complication with Crystal's Diabetes was due to her not being used to this situation, the media attention and being away from her child. I would think that once AI is over, and she is more accustomed to everything, she will be able to get a better handle on it.

I sure hope she does. I want to see her healthy and singing long after AI and the AI tour, and I'm pretty sure she wants that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3852657;
    I did a little digging, just to get an idea how Type 1 Diabetes, which I think is what Crystal has, affects celebrities, including singers.

Did you know that Elliot Yamin has Type 1 Diabetes? And Nick Jonas? Also Halle Berry, Sharon Stone, Bret Michaels, Vanessa Williams, Jean Smart, Mary Tyler Moore, and a lot more.

It seems that while Type 1 Diabetes is more difficult to control than Type 2, it's certainly do-able. Perhaps this complication with Crystal's Diabetes was due to her not being used to this situation, the media attention and being away from her child. I would think that once AI is over, and she is more accustomed to everything, she will be able to get a better handle on it.

I sure hope she does. I want to see her healthy and singing long after AI and the AI tour, and I'm pretty sure she wants that as well.

Yes...I remember Elliot talking about the bag he had to wear during his season, but that he was used to it.
    Ain't Love Grand!

More and more people these days are getting the Type 2 diabetes - especially kids. In the majority of instances, it's due to poor diet, overweight, and lack of exercise. Most who take steps to remedy the above will be able to control it without drugs.
    Type 1 diabetes, however, is much more difficult to control and, in most cases, does require medication, etc. Most people don't suddenly develop Type 1 like they do Type 2.
    The difference between the 2 types is similar to the differences between Hyper- and Hypo-Thyroid. Way more difficult to control Hyperthyroid than hypothyroid.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

The stress and long hours may interrupt the routine, and Type 1 would need regular meals or snacks of the right kinds of food. A few weeks in I'd think she'd have adjusted to the new "routine."

FORT Fogey

I love my "MommaSox" - this is one that'd I'd definitely pay for a CD or go to a concert (loved Paris, but her CD was not true to her singing on Idol and we were very disappointed). Hope Crystal does stay true to herself as did Bo, Carrie and Chris. I love her look, it reminds me of Etheridge, Holly Near, and many of the pioneer women's singers (Ronnie Gilbert). Siobhan is the other we might spend money on, maybe, we'll see.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I love Crystal and she's the only reason I watch the girls' night. I inwardly groaned when I saw a headline that Simon had called her the one to beat b/c that always screws that person over but I'm hoping she'll continue to prove she deserves it as the weeks go on. Whether she wins or not, as someone mentioned earlier, I'm sure she'll have recording contracts thrown at her. She may not be mainstream, but she'd definitely have her fans--Alannis made herself a big name with the same music-- and I would definitely buy her album. I look forward to how she handles the future theme nights.

Another thing I really like about her is that she hasn't drawn attention to her hospitalization. Others have used their illnesses (usu. the flu) as excuses (Kelly Pickler and Katherine McPhee and tons during Hollywood week come to mind) but Crystal focuses on her music and hasn't mentioned once about her being sick. Good for her!

I like her just the way she is, spaced teeth and all, and don't know how I feel about her getting a makeover. Just look at Katherine McPhee now--bleach blonde and she looks icky! I have faith Crystal will stay true to herself.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3852794;
    I love Crystal and she's the only reason I watch the girls' night. I inwardly groaned when I saw a headline that Simon had called her the one to beat b/c that always screws that person over but I'm hoping she'll continue to prove she deserves it as the weeks go on. Whether she wins or not, as someone mentioned earlier, I'm sure she'll have recording contracts thrown at her. She may not be mainstream, but she'd definitely have her fans--Alannis made herself a big name with the same music-- and I would definitely buy her album. I look forward to how she handles the future theme nights.

Another thing I really like about her is that she hasn't drawn attention to her hospitalization. Others have used their illnesses (usu. the flu) as excuses (Kelly Pickler and Katherine McPhee and tons during Hollywood week come to mind) but Crystal focuses on her music and hasn't mentioned once about her being sick. Good for her!

I like her just the way she is, spaced teeth and all, and don't know how I feel about her getting a makeover. Just look at Katherine McPhee now--bleach blonde and she looks icky! I have faith Crystal will stay true to herself.

When I saw Katherine recently, I didn't recognize her. She had been such a beautiful girl. Now, she looks like every other overly bleached blonde out there.
    I'm not totally against a makeover. I'd be fine with one that was subtle and only sought to enhance her pretty features. Kind of like what a skillful application of makeup should do - Enhance, Not overwhelm!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread